✅ Solved Profile avatar/signature request

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,307,738 happy users since 2014.
Register

Nardo7

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hello everyone :)
I really appreciate if somebody can help me with a new avatar image and maybe if you have more free time also a new signature.

The theme is (again) the wolf, i really love that animal :love:
I found some pics from an amazing artist Jonas Jödicke about wolf:

my request is a little bit strange: I'll ask if somebody can modify his photos to make an avatar or doing an avatar inspired by the last photo.

The signature does not need to be a wolf but i ask something with nature and animals or you can surprise me, I'd prefer something with similar art (for example watch Jonas Jödicke gallery).

I'll promise SB Points reward for the best one i'll choose.

Really thanks in advance,
best regards

Ilkku

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi @Nardo7 ,

I saw your request and created an Avatar & Signature inspired by Jonas Jödicke's art; you may notice the use of some darker colors and space texture besides the wolves of course ;)

The line art is bold half intentionally. Firstly, simple logos are always easier to remember, redraw, rescale, vectorize, and recognize. Secondly, I don't yet own a drawing pad/tablet required to make detailed digital drawings. I feel like they should be fine. The forum doesn't even display avatars very big, and hence the most of the details would vanish anyway.

Nardo_Avatar.jpg

Nardo_Singature.png

Both of them should be in high resolutions and have the right height × width ratios to be used without any editing, though it's also possible that the avatar may not fit perfectly – please tell me if you think, that there's something you would want to be different.

To be completely honest, the signature may actually have somewhat higher resolution, than necessary ;) I've also got vectorized versions of the wolf and the negative "Nardo" -text if you ever happen to need them.

Happy modding.

More of my stuff: https://forum.sbenny.com/threads/🄱🄴🅂🅃-🄳🄴🅂🄸🄶🄽🅂.31343/

Last edited:

Nardo7

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi @Nardo7 ,

I saw your request and created an Avatar & Signature inspired by Jonas Jödicke's art; you may notice the use of some darker colors and space texture besides the wolves of course ;)

The line art is bold half intentionally. Firstly, simple logos are always easier to remember, redraw, rescale, vectorize, and recognize. Secondly, I don't yet own a drawing pad/tablet required to make detailed digital drawings. I feel like they should be fine. The forum doesn't even display avatars very big, and hence the most of the details would vanish anyway.

View attachment 21851
View attachment 21852

Both of them should be in high resolutions and have the right height × width ratios to be used without any editing, though it's also possible that the avatar may not fit perfectly – please tell me if you think, that there's something you would want to be different.

To be completely honest, the signature may actually have somewhat higher resolution, than necessary ;) I've also got vectorized versions of the wolf and the negative "Nardo" -text if you ever happen to need them.

Happy modding.
Wow really nice job, i really love them :).
I love the choise of colors :love: Also the signature has the negative of the profile and it's really nice :)

Could i ask you some changes/advice?
The profile could have my name Nardo ? Did you think is a good choise?
The signature has the word 'Nardo', could you make other "types of writing" ? I mean if you have other choise about how to write Nardo.

Thanks! :)

Ilkku

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Good point! And yes, it's very possible to edit the texts. Please let me, however, tell first why I made it this way.

The avatar doesn't contain the "Nardo" text because of the following reasons:
1. Avatars are often displayed small. No one likes to read small text, and the saved space can be used to make the most important part, the avatar logo itself bigger.
2. Look at the top of this post (or any other post in the Sbenny forum) and notice something – my name is written just next to the avatar. Why put the name inside the avatar/profile picture if it's almost always next to it.
3. In addition to the text next to your avatar, your name is also written in the signature.

The signature contains your name written like it is because:
1. Wha's the idea of a signature, the very basic definition of it? Yes, it has always been to especially identify the writer. And people do that by using names. For example, even Banksy and Anonymous have names – "Banksy" and "Anonymous".
2. Sbenny put signatures under your post. Whether it was a letter, an email, a newspaper article or Sbenny post, the names of the authors are usually put there.
3. Negative wolf, negative font. Makes sense.
4. And finally, because we don't want to hide it, and it wasn't put in the avatar, the signature is the only place we have left.

Haha, I was a little tired while writing this. Hope my explanation is understandable enough.

Last edited:

Nardo7

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Good point! And yes, it's very possible to edit the texts. Please let me, however, tell first why I made it this way.

The avatar doesn't contain the "Nardo" text because of the following reasons:
1. Avatars are often displayed small. No one likes to read small text, and the saved space can be used to make the most important part, the avatar logo itself bigger.
2. Look at the top of this post (or any other post in the Sbenny forum) and notice something – my name is written just next to the avatar. Why put the name inside the avatar/profile picture if it's almost always next to it.
3. In addition to the text next to your avatar, your name is also written in the signature.

The signature contains your name written like it is because:
1. Wha's the idea of a signature, the very basic definition of it? Yes, it has always been to especially identify the writer. And people do that by using names. For example, even Banksy and Anonymous have names – "Banksy" and "Anonymous".
2. Sbenny put signatures under your post. Whether it was a letter, an email, a newspaper article or Sbenny post, the names of the authors are usually put there.
3. Negative wolf, negative font. Makes sense to me.
4. And finally, because we don't want to hide it, and it wasn't put in the avatar, the signature is the only place we have left.

Haha, I was a little tired while writing this. Hope my explanation is understandable enough.
Ok now i'm agree with you about Avatar :)
About signature, ok it makes sense, negative wolf, negative font ;) Could i also ask you a different font/theme about the text 'Nardo'? There is too much white ( because of the letter D and O ) so it seems strange to me :lol:

Ilkku

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Yes, I agree @Nardo7 !
I'll see what I can do ;)
The particular font used in the signature (Evogativ by a Finnish artist V. Saarela) was especially made to be used when playing with negative space. As it's just a one word for specific use, modifying the font is also an option. If I can't make it more readable, I will try something else like you suggested.

Someone who sees the signature for the first time :
The little unusual style first draws the reader's attention: "Hey!" or "Ha!"
Then makes them to realise the trick when they understand what it's saying & read it correctly: "Aha!" or "Eureka!"
And finally plants an idea & makes the reader to think about it: "Negative space, haha" or "Wow, cool idea"
Here's a classical example of the same thing:

I think they look good on your posts. I put an another, little lighter version of the profile avatar in my "Best Designs" thread, feel free to try it, if the current one is too dark.

Last edited: