💬 Review Rec (2007)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,106 happy users since 2014.
Register

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Rec (2007)

Late-night TV host Angela and her cinematographer are following the fire service on a call to an apartment building, but the Spanish police seal off the building after an old woman is infected by a virus

Review:
Nothing better than a horror film at night.

Story:

Well, it isn't really that original (well, maybe at the time it was idk) , and it played around with a couple of usual elements, but still, it turned out just okay. Although there were some questioning parts of the story, if you don't focus much on it, then you'll enjoy it.

Although it had some pretty usual cliches, and the jump scares are somewhat predictable, and even the ending was predictable, it was still pretty scary. I liked the atmosphere and the mood.

Still, though the plot was shaky, I didn't mind too much.

I did find the start a bit too slow for my taste, and just as it was about to get really intense, it simmers down, though thankfully, they had a lot of suspense at the end.

Visual:

I appreciated the gore. It was just the right amount for this kind of film, and it became a highlight for this film.

The hand held footage style was albeit, a bit common during that time, but it had its own flair.

Music:

There wasn't really so much as strong and loud music, but I liked that it was subtle, and it was effective. During the movie's suspense, it was faint but it really added a lot to the uneasiness that I was feeling. I was watching this with earphones on, so watching and listening closely is effective while watching a film.

It sounded like I had a lot of problems with this movie, but actually, I enjoyed it. I think imma watch the other rec movies.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yeah sure. It's a pretty good flick for a scary night.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐