Rewards for updating thread

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,134 happy users since 2014.
Register

Wagaga

In Love Lv4️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
Hi
I'm posting here for some time now and I have a few threads I keep updating but the only way to farm them sweet sweet SB Points is starting new threads. I really don't like the idea of starting a new thread for every little update that game has so I'm updating threads that i've already created. My suggestion is to add some reward for keeping the thread updated, maybe so portion of the reward for creating new thread (1/2 of original reward for update?). This would motivate people to update already existing threads and not just make another thread for new version.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
If you look up at the top of your release threads, it gives the option to release an update. When you click on that, it should create a new thread for the updated version. That new thread will earn you SB Points, and then after the new update is verified, a staff member moves the old one to outdated releases. If simply editing an existing post earned SB Points, it would be too easy for that function to be abused both intentionally and unintentionally. Plus, when you create a new thread for the update it pushes it up to be displayed with other recent content so it doesn't get lost in older posts.

Wagaga

In Love Lv4️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
If you look up at the top of your release threads, it gives the option to release an update. When you click on that, it should create a new thread for the updated version. That new thread will earn you SB Points, and then after the new update is verified, a staff member moves the old one to outdated releases. If simply editing an existing post earned SB Points, it would be too easy for that function to be abused both intentionally and unintentionally. Plus, when you create a new thread for the update it pushes it up to be displayed with other recent content so it doesn't get lost in older posts.
As you say, it still creates a new thread. I don't know how modifiable is this forum, but can't you add a chech box into the "Edit" that says "This is update" or something like that that would send edited thread for verification and if the thread is updated then the A team gives the reward for it. + I don't see this "Update" option anywhere

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
As you say, it still creates a new thread. I don't know how modifiable is this forum, but can't you add a chech box into the "Edit" that says "This is update" or something like that that would send edited thread for verification and if the thread is updated then the A team gives the reward for it. + I don't see this "Update" option anywhere
No, there isnt an option for that. With the way that things are set up you can't just edit your thread over and over as that would give people a chance to cheat the release system by removing the links and keeping the charge button. A new thread must be created for every update. Plus, some games still let you play older versions and some people prefer it that way.