💬 Review Sailor Moon Reflections

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,127 happy users since 2014.
Register

Endymion

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Sailor Moon Reflections

Sailor Moon Reflections was written by a director of the original Sailor Moon dub about the dub and how casting and voice acting worked. He talks about how the dub helped Sailor Moon become such a popular franchise.

Review:
Personally, I found this ebook to be alright, rather decent. I never was the biggest fan of the original dub, due to the changes being unbearable to me once I found out how things were meant to be. Even as a child watching the Sailor Moon R movie, I enjoyed the story and the art, however the voice acting always threw me for a loop. Certain voices never felt correct for the characters and the writing and acting were always cheesy in my opinion. Reading this book helped me to try to appreciate the work that went into the DIC dub a bit more than I had before. One can appreciate work without being particularly fond of it, which is what helped me read this book having realized that. The writing is well understandable and the content is focused on my favorite anime of all time. If anyone at all finds any interest in Sailor Moon, this may be a book to consider to read. Having seen the original dub helps one better appreciate the content, but with so much focus on the work behind the scenes, you don't need to have seen as much of the original dub. If you have any interest in voice acting this book may be for you as well, as the actors have a lot to say about their techniques.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend this book for anyone who just so happens to be a Sailor Moon fan. Specifically a fan of the original DIC dub, not the VIZ dub.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

arsomartinera

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
alors, i may add that Sailor Moon is not technically a sailor, she is a magical girl warrior/super-heroine who gains her powers from the moon. She wears a battle uniform modeled after a Japanese schoolgirl uniform with a sailor styled collar, although it has a shorter skirt.
DafontShowboxAdam4adam

Last edited: