💬 Review Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,108 happy users since 2014.
Register

TheThingov

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): Didn't find it the forum, but can be found easily with a simple search in the net

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind is a book by Yuval Noah Harari first published in Hebrew in Israel in 2011, and in English in 2014. The book surveys the history of humankind from the evolution of archaic human species in the Stone Age up to the twenty-first century, focusing on Homo sapiens. The account is situated within a framework provided by the natural sciences, particularly evolutionary biology.

Review:
Hi guys, this is my first review, I hope it'll go according the rules.
This book talks about how and why the humankind looks like it today, but not in a History-class manner. A lot of interesting occurrences, pictures, and a different point of view are presented here.
I actually read the hard-copy of this book as part of a university course.
I guess this is the step when some of you will push the BACK button and continue exploring the forum, forgetting about this review like I probably would, but try to get out of your comfort zone, and give this book a chance.

For me it was absolutely a mind-changing experience. This book makes you think and wonder about many daily questions, and you have to let the content sink-in, making you wait eagerly for the next reading session!

Would you recommend this to other users? Very much!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐