💬 Review The Heat (2013)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,173 happy users since 2014.
Register

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Name of the Content you are reviewing: The Heat (2013)

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): The Heat (2013)

The Heat follows an uptight FBI agent (played by Sandra Bullock) as she gets paired with a loose-cannon agent (played by Melissa McCarthy) to close a high profile case. Though they have many differences, they are forced to work as a team, causing many hilarious scenes and situations.

Review:
In general, I love Melissa McCarthy as a whole, she has a way of bringing the oddest of characters to life in a fun and fresh way. In this movie, she plays an obnoxious, annoying, personality that just gets under Sandra Bullock's character's skin. All in all the clash of temperaments are what makes them such a good and entertaining team to watch. It is so easy to invest and believe in the protagonists that they are playing because they both do it so well. At the beginning of the movie when their boss announced that they would be partnered together, I was on the edge of my seat ready and waiting to watch everything unfold, I just knew it had to be great based on the clashing dispositions we had been shown just before that.

I found myself laughing all throughout the movie, and I definitely wasn't disappointed. One minute everything seemed to fall into place, and the next, everything was falling apart. The movie even managed to have a twist toward the end that pleasantly surprised me, keeping me on the edge of my seat the entire movie.

This is the perfect, feel-good comedy to watch at the end of the day, or if you just need a really good laugh. The movie had the perfect balance of action, comedy, and even a little drama, pulling everything together and I would definitely watch it again.

Would you recommend this to other users? I definitely would recommend that people watch this one. :)