Graphic Novels, Comics, and Manga Lounge

Here is where everyone who loves Graphic Novels, Comics, and Manga can meet and discuss their favorites!

Quick Overview

Category
TV
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
LadySouma
Any Gl Recommendations? But imma pass on those cliche ones...

I am currently writing somewhat of a light novel for future purpose of making it a comic..
But I don't really know if I could make it because of the setting where it might take place, like will it be in japan or korea?( I am from neither btw, )Because I would have to adapt to their cultures right?.. Maybe I should look more into both and figure myself out.. Idk, what do u think?..
Show full message
Ingoshine
Ingoshine
Hi guys
Blasphemy
Blasphemy
@LadySouma

That's a great idea. And yeah, you probably should look into their cultures, just to get a basic understanding of it.

I don't really know what you mean by adapt to their cultures, like, you don't need to go to Japan or Korea or anything, you could just ask the people from those respective countries about their cultures. They have experienced it personally so I think that would be helpful as you could get their feelings or opinions towards their cultures.

Alternatively, you could make a completely different culture that is loosely based on different cultures. Handling it badly may result in cultural appropriation tho.

Although after writing this message, I'm wondering why you want to put it in that setting? Is it a necessary part of your story?

As for gl recommendations, just google 'anime planet gl' or 'anime planet yuri' or Google 'manhuascan genre yuri'