💬 Review 42 Meters Down: Uncaged by PatchyBandi

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,360 happy users since 2014.
Register

PatchyBandi

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: 42 Meters Down: Uncaged

A group of 4 girls ditch the shark sighting and go swimming in a big lake. They decide to end the day with cave diving.

Review:
It is a thriller and deep sea horror movie directed by Johannes Roberts. It placed 6 in "Top Ten Movies in the U.S. Today" on Netflix. Released in 2019 on August 16. It takes 1 hour, 29 minutes, and 42 seconds to watch. It is rated Pg-13.

Begins with a dramatic intro and music. It contains a lot of information pertaining to cave diving. I am not sure how credible the ruins are. The sharks were just a plot device to speed up the story and make it scary. Even though they have the countdown on the oxygen tank, I felt like it was lacking depth on how long they were in the water. I am impressed with the quality of the camera and lighting, because you can clearly see what is going on. I thought it would be more murky especially when they were deep inside.

SPOILERS: Below I will talk about the characters themselves.

There is not much emphasis on the emotional side of the story. Basically tells a story of 2 step sisters, Mia and Sasha, who don't get along. Mia is bullied. Sasha convinces her to join them because of it. They had a good time and bonded with friends. The sisters don't talk about their issues, but I like to believe this tragic event brought them closer.

The friends have the most noticeable actions and fumes anxiety when watching. Alexa is overly cautious. She tends to talk a lot and hyperventilate when something bad happens. Nicole seems fearless in the beginning, but she is utterly reckless. Ben, Carl, and Grant were just there to help out the girls' journey.

Would you recommend this to other users? No. The story wasn't interesting enough.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐