💬 Review Altered Beast (Master System version) by marcos563

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,334,221 happy users since 2014.
Register

marcos563

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the app you are reviewing: Altered Beast (Master System version)

undoubtedly one of my favorite Master System games, Altered Beast is a game released in 1988 by Sega for Arcade and that had versions for Mega Drive, Master System and Game Gear (among others), but this analysis is focused only on the SMS version .

Review:
Its graphics are very interesting for the console, especially in terms of enemies that appear in large numbers for the SMS level. I must highlight its soundtrack, which I particularly like a lot, such as the music from Phase 1, which became the theme of the game. A part that is considered a negative point is the gameplay, it is kind of stuck and sometimes it doesn't respond well. Each phase has two transformations, with the first Power-Up the character gains more muscles, so it only takes one hit to defeat an enemy and the beast that changes in each phase, but I will mention them only in the Walkthrough.

Strengths: The graphics, which are very interesting for sms; The soundtrack, which blends in well with the setting; The difficulty, especially the 3rd stage and the final boss.

Weaknesses: Short Game and the Gameplay, which as I mentioned before, is kind of stuttered and slow in certain parts.

History:
A Roman soldier who had died in battle is resurrected by Zeus, who orders the warrior to save his daughter, Athena, from a Demon named Neff. To become able to withstand dangers, the warrior gains the ability to absorb energy balls, which transform him into a beast. In the original arcade, the end credits are interspersed with images of actors in different costumes for the game's characters and monsters, showing that the entire game was a cinematic production.

Tips:
– Don't forget to attack the white wolves to get the energy balls, they are the only way to transform.

– In this game it is possible to attack in the air, just press A or B during a jump (Most efficient way to defeat Harpies).

Grade: 7.5/10

Would you recommend this to other users? Of corse, to all lovers to the console System version.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nobody81

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Wow, you remembered me when I played it in the bar near my home when I was 8, and I loved It!