Anime elistist and Anime youtubers

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,333,561 happy users since 2014.
Register

Theworld

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I keep hearing the term anime elistist being toss around in the anime community yet im not 100% sure what it means and which anime youtuber would be considered that,would people like mother's basement and digibro be considered that.

If anyone can explain it to me the term as well as people who you would be considered that I would appreciate it

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
From Urbandictionary. Top search :

anime elitist :
In Summary :
A no-life neckbeard who sits in his parents' basement, keyboard warrior-ing with his greasy cheetos dust finger.

Can be classified as :

1) A person who thinks he is superior to anime casuals and thinks they are the scum for the earth for liking mainstream anime such as "Shingeki No Kyojin" also known as Attack on Titan, while he watches obscure, sh***y anime that nobody has ever heard of, therefore thinking that he has a quality taste in anime.

2) A person on MyAnimeList.com who rates every anime 0/10 just because "they aren't as close to perfection as <insert obscure anime that is anime elitists favourite>" and acts like this high class anime reviewer who should be respected for his "amazing" anime taste.

Guy: -Hey Adam, did you hear what Jerry did yesterday? He started bashingon my favourite anime, Attack On Titan because he thought that it was "for filthy anime casuals"

Adam: -Wow, what a f****ng anime elitist

by TheDestroyerReaper June 08, 2017

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Found this by accident, made my day.

SquishyTakoyucky

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
The Anime Man most definitely is an anime elitist. No offense to The Anime Man's fan base but the whole reason a chunk of his fans (me included) unsubscribed from him is due to one Yuri On Ice video (mind you there have been plenty of other cases where in which he acted like a complete elitist ********).

The Anime Man (Joey) has stated time and time again how he just didn't like Yuri On Ice (which is fine btw) but he got heavily critized from the fujoshi/yaoi community because they thought he hated it simply because it had LGBT elements (This is also during the peak popularity of the anime and when the infamous Crunchyroll awards). Here comes the issue and main reason why he's a prime example of an elitist:

To paraphrase his video he essentially said that the anime was nothing special and not that amazing (true). However, he further states that, "He's seen PLENTY and PLENTY of Yuri and Yaoi shows" that had MUCH better representation of the LGBT community. He then proceeds to list a whole list of yaoi anime/manga that have "rapey", incest and dub-con themes. Essentially just anime that glorified unhealthy gay relationships.

(23:28 - 27:46) check it out yourself. He honestly goes on a field day lol.