Anyone here likes Deathcore?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,800 happy users since 2014.
Register

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
I'm a full on metalhead and Deathcore/Metalcore are my favs, anyone else or am I alone?
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I think I'm pretty much alone on this huh...

Helloyes

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Well nobody replied to this thread guess i will be the first.
Bro the elite metalheads will not like you for liking metalcore/deathcore xd i don't know much about them tho maybe u don't listen to s**t ones?

Helloyes

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I think the reason they love gatekeeping metalcore/deathcore and everything with core is because of the mainstream attention metalcore brought which brought in emos that got associated with metalhead which they don't like it ofc especially with a lot of exposure to the metal genre with mainstream bands like bring me the horizon and other bands that came out during the emo era but as of now there are some alright metalcore/deathcore bands but i don't listen to them much because i don't really like it and only core i listen to is grindcore but even then there are not much good ones now and we saw what happened with master of puppets and stranger things

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
Oooh yeah that, I do like Horizon but all the emo stuff that goes on TikTok, just cringy. I'm not monogenre either but metal is my main go to, I have a spotify playlist named Metal, all of it with approx 9K songs, so I guess I do like it a bit more than anything else

Helloyes

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Well im still kinda curious what metalcore/deathcore bands do you listen to? And also what other metal subgenres bands you listen to?

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
To be honest I'm bad with band's names, that's why I made such a humongous playlist just for metal I can't remember all of them but off the top of my head:
Carnifex, Born of Osiris, Dethklok (It's more oldschool Death Metal but it's my fav so honorable mention), Ten Last Seconds Of Life, The Acacia Strain, Infant Annihilator, Cannibal Corpse, Osiah, Make Them Suffer, Lorna Shore, Bleed From Within, Shadow Of Intent, August Burns Red, Allegaeon, Betraying The Martyrs, The Browning, Chelsea Grin (but mostly the new stuff), Chimaira, Signs Of The Swarm, Cradle Of Filth, Crystal Lake, While She Sleeps, Dagoba, Slaughter To Prevail, Dead Shape Figure, Decapitated, Deicide, Memphis May Fire, Mors Principium Est (More like Symphonic Death Metal but honorable mention aswell), Of Mice & Men, Shokran and Spite. To be honest I can't think of anyone else at the moment.

Helloyes

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Nice one i will try to list some bands i also like listening to from my doo doo memory by their genres but not too specific like if its melodic death i will still list them under death metal and not all pf the bands that im gonna be listing is gonna be exclusively that one genre so yeah when i list them into that genre i mean i listen to their songs that are on that genre only:

Helloyes

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Idk why the spoiler thingy doesn't show up I haven't ised this site for quite some time so forgotten how it works so here is the list which i hope isn't sensitive
War Metal: Damaar,Kapala,Archgoat,Blasphemy. Black Metal: Mayhem,Shaarimoth,Der Weg Einer Freiheit,Xasthur,Gorgoroth,Emit,Gnaw Their Tongues,Mgla,Drudkh,Burzum,Warmoon Lord Death Metal: Vulvectomy,Artery Eruption, Internal Bleeding,Obituary,Necrophagist, Children of Bodom,Morbid Angel. Power Metal: Blind Guardian, Visigoth, Sabaton (older stuff). Thrash/crossover: Metallica, D.R.I, Municipal Waste, S.O.D, Megadeth, Waxed, Stone, Demolition Hammer

IsraaNox

Sbenny's Police Officer
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Active User
Member for 4 years
I'm a bit late to the crowd. I've begun being a death head (including tech death, sympho death, and deathcore) for almost a year now. For so long I only listened to power metal; however, nowadays it's all about death(core) for me, haha!
I noticed you listen to Shadow of Intent, they're my favourite band nowadays!
I'm digging up a lot of underground bands, though some are more famous than others, such as Brand of Sacrifice, which is a symphonic deathcore band.
I don't understand all this "elitism" crap nor do I give a crap about it (my only means of communication with the world are whatsapp and telegram, I don't use anything else), I say just listen to what you enjoy.
Besides, if it's the heaviness we're talking about, then Deatchore has got to be one of the heaviest (artistic) genres out there. It's not a stream of repetitive and tasteless noise. If people think this kind of meaningless and senseless noise, void of talent and precision, is the only metal out there, then I don't want to be a metalhead. Lol.

AHitBURNSwhe

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 1 year
that would be me, hello. i think it's bullsh*t how most metalheads gatekeep metal. metal is metal.

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
Exactly, listen to the music you enjoy without others' opinions influencing your own taste.