💬 Review Assassin's creed Odyssey

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,336,312 happy users since 2014.
Register

BlahBlahBlah111

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Assassin's creed Odyssey

A Greek tragedy-like story where you play an "assassin" during the Athenian and Spartan war. Chose between male and female and bark out on an odyssey across the entire Greek world.

Review:
I got this game maybe two weeks ago and I've been playing it when I could get the chance.

So, first off, the game is beautiful. The graphics are one of the best I've seen so far and are truly a work of art.

World: The game is wast and open-world, meaning you can go just about anywhere, however, certain zones have higher level enemies than others, ensuring that while you CAN go anywhere, you are advised to stick to the story so you don't get your butt handed to you. The map is about equal parts of land and sea, so your modes of transportation are a horse, on foot, and a ship.

That being said some parts of the map certainly felt empty to me. Like, you have this big expanse of an area, and all you do is add one little camp in the corner.

Combat: The game has three main paths of Hunter, Warrior, and Assassin to chose your abilities from, you can mix and match from the three skill threes as you like. The combat is smooth and plays very well, giving this satisfaction when you finally kill an enemy.

There are also naval battles, seeing as you'll have to use a ship to travel to about half of the other areas that aren't reachable on foot.

Story: The story is lack-luster, focusing on cliche tropes to further the story. An example would be in the early game you're asked to go kill a dude who is your father who's caused a whole lot of daddy issues, whether you kill him or Nah doesn't matter because WHA- he wasn't you father?

Another example is where you infiltrate a cult that has this artifact and basically controls the entire greek world, only to meet your brainwashed sibling who you thought was dead!

And the story is basically all of that, just cliche tropes on cliche tropes. At least the main story is. Some of the side quests are genuinely interesting while others fall into 6th grader humor.

The PC: Unlike in other AC games, you get to choose from male and female protagonists. Your choice really doesn't matter, as anything in the game changes except for who you want the brainwashed sibling to be. It doesn't help that the PC is also as bland as a bowl of soggy corn flakes, all of their characterisation boiling down to "pick the sentence you like best".

Your choices don't really matter, sure, the game poses some ethical questions that make you wonder about repercussions, but most of the time it doesn't really matter.

Romance: Well, romance is a bit of a stretch, as it's only a line of dialogue and a kissing fade to black scene. You can go bang your way across the entire map, and everyone acts as if nothing happened. Even when you go visit your "lover" they will have either disappeared or become a general NPC

I'll give points for the fact you can "Romance" anyone as both female and male, letting you have gay/bi/straight characters. But it doesn't help much with the overarching problem above.

Overall: the game is beautiful and the combat is great, but it's not an Assassin's Creed game. It's an RPG. Where assassin's creed is "think of a way in, stealthily kill the guards that you can't sneak around" this is "Forget thinking! Just kill them all!"

Would you recommend this to other users? If you're a fan of RPG style games I think you would like it, but I advise to buy during steam sales as I don't believe the game is that good for the full price it is asking.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐

Mavin

⭐?️SBENNY MARSHAL?️⭐
Member for 6 years
Lol..the review is for mobile games bro.. but yes as a long time AC Stan...I say Ubisoft Is slowly ruining the game..hope they redeem it with AC Ragnarok..this was such a huge let down from origins