💬 Review Battle For Polytopia by TomRiddle456

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,927 happy users since 2014.
Register

TomRiddle456

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Battle For Polytopia

Battle For Polytopia (henceforth referred to as just Polytopia) is a turn based strategy game similar to Civilization. There are 16 tribes to pick from (12 available for free on steam and 4 available for free on mobile). Each tribe has different starting abilities or gimmicks that give each a unique play style.

Review:
This game is amazing. There are a good amount of single player modes for a mobile strategy game, being a domination/speed mode against computers, a perfection/score mode (computer players optional), and a custom match mode. The tribes that need to be unlocked with money only cost a dollar or two, and unlock online multiplayer. The game is ad-free to boot. It is really worth paying for at least one tribe to play online against either friends or random opponents, and online games can be searched for specific game settings to match your preferred game. There are 4 special tribes (the 4 not unlocked by default on steam) that have special gimmicks or different play styles that are much dlmore different compared to other tribes. I find these very interesting to play but my favorite tribe is Hoodrick since they start with archery. The special tribes cost $2 each ($3 each on steam) instead of $1 compared to the rest, but that's really cheap if you only want 1 or 2. The strategy goes really in depth for this game despite it being a faster and neutered version of civilization. That's more beneficial than harmful, as games can be finished in under half an hour very consistently and 1 on 1 online games take only around a week (give or take depending on how long you give people to take their turns).

Would you recommend this to other users? This game is very in depth and polished for a free mobile game, is ad free, and has almost no bugs. Those bugs that are found are patched very quickly, and updates with balancing are also quite frequent. The community and online scene are very active, so you are bound to find games quickly (or not, if your game settings are quite specific). This game is my consistent go to when I have 20 or so minutes to kill. I definitely recommend this game to those who want a faster, simpler Civilizations-esque game.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐