💬 Review Brightburn

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,330,797 happy users since 2014.
Register

roseit

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Brightburn

A budgeted horror film that,, is not necessarily bad, albeit not good either.

Review:
So my friend and I had this craving to watch a horror film, and most of the movies in theatres we have already seen, so when a new movie named Brightburn surfaced, we decided to give it a chance.

To put it simply, I disliked it.

The story is about a young boy named Brandon, and until now I still can’t seem to understand how he acquired all these overly powered powers, the movie failed to establish an understanding with the viewer as to his origin and why this one boy had this constant thirst for killing (the movie is rated)

Not only that, some characters had no reason for existing other than plot convenience, people like Caithlyn - which the movie fails again to specify if she was a love interest or?? Because she was more scared of Brandon than interested, and Brandon never seemed to make a move on her.

The father gives me weird vibes, I vividly remember them being in the forest hunting and he was explaining to his child the fundamentals of girls and emotions and... creepy stuff. Brandon is like, what, 10?

Brandon then becomes batshit insane with all his powers, using the classic trope “Oh, I’m adopted and I’m not biological?? How can you two not have told me?”, and to put it simply, killed everyone he disliked.

With a higher budget and better writing, I believe that this movie has potential, but right now it is riddled with plot-holes and confuses the audience more than help them understand what is actually going on.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you’re having a lazy day and wish to fill your time up with some budgeted indie horror film, or if you have zero complains for any of the movies you watch, Brightburn would be it.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐

Coldfire96

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
It has too many cliches. Quality is meanlessly bad. Story is pointless. But still I had fun watching it.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
I agree with your review! It was sold to my friends and me as "What if Superman was evil?" I think that's why the origin story was kinda similar to Superman's, but then they twisted it to slowly make the kid a bad guy. We got bored in the beginning, so we never finished it, and switched to a different movie instead. But, did they ever explain what made him evil?