💬 Review Daisies 1966 by urhexgirl

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,331,998 happy users since 2014.
Register

urhexgirl

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Daisies 1966

A Czech film following the lives of two young girls and their shenanigans. A quirky piece of cinema that experiments with colour, technique and storytelling.

Review:
Daisies 1966 is a Czech cult classic that has gained popularity recently due to the feminist movement. It’s a delightful feminist film that is a spectacle to see. Exploring single swinger life in the 1960s, the two leads are followed around in their wacky antics, of eating decadently, getting into trouble in social settings, leading on rich older men and being bored in their apartment. The use of colour, different filters, some of the film being in black and white, some being in colour, etc. It flourishes, experimenting with the art of cinema and making it stand out. It’s completely ahead of its time and is still so enjoyable to this day. It doesn’t really follow the average storyline plot, instead we simply follow along, almost as if it is a documentary about these girls. It’s an empowering film, two girls simply having fun and not following the rules, but still moral in their choices, watching them be free is truly exciting, and I’d recommend it to any film lover. It’s certainly one to watch at least once, it may not be for everyone as it’s so bold but it’s worth seeing just for the beautiful visuals.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would absolutely recommend this to any cinema lover, any feminist, anyone who finds comfort in the popular “coquette” aesthetic. It’s a visual masterpiece that deserves to be seen and though it may not be everyone’s cup of tea in terms of themes, it’s such a beautiful piece of cinema that the cinematography alone makes it a wonderful watch. I am quite biased in my review as it’s a film I dearly love, but I completely understand that it’s not to everyone’s taste, still, give it a chance!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐