💬 Review Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,355 happy users since 2014.
Register

optitron

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules is a book written by Jeff Kinney and it is about a middle school student named Greg Heffley who has to deal with many challenges of dealing with his older brother Rodrick as well as his little brother Manny, keeping his secret safe, and dealing with the challenges of middle school. This book is great for all ages and it will be sure to give you good laugh.

Review:
Let me just tell you right off the bat that this is one of my favorite books in the series and maybe even one of my favorite books of all time. I still enjoy reading this book despite the many times I read this book from my childhood to my adulthood right now. One of the things that I love about this book is that the diction and tone from the book's narrator (Greg Heffley) feels very realistic and authentic to how a pre-teen acts and talks as the book has very simple words, relatively short paragraphs, and his simple perception of concepts such as the time he wrote a comic about a monkey to show an "allegory" that monkeys can't fix cars for his English assignment about allegorys. Also, the cartoonish illustration, though very simple, makes the book much more unique and distinguishable and it does well at establishing the book's light-hearted and humorous nature as well as further reinforcing the pre-teen authenticity of the narrator.

The book's unorthodox structure basically just goes through sketches of events that Greg went through in a span of a few months with the events having little to no connection with each other is another thing I like about the book as it gives the book its unique style.

Now, what are some things I don't like about the book? Well it's a very hard question for me to answer without being biased. I guess I don't like how the book goes by so fast and a few of the sketches can be forgettable like the time he failed at taking care of his neighbor's dog and house while they were on a trip. I might have other things I don't like the book but I have to dig REALLY deep in order to find any which shows how much I LOVE this book.

This was actually the first review I wrote for anything ever so I hope you understand if this review seems flawed and/or inexperienced. Nonetheless, I hope you find my review insightful and maybe even enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to criticize my review so that I can provide better reviews for you guys. Thank you for reading.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would definitely recommend this to other users as the book is appealing to many ages and demographics. The book's simple diction, structure, length, and humor makes this a great book for young and/or inexperienced readers and even older and/or experienced readers looking for a simple, fun book to read.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐