Do you eat food past its expiration date?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,337,415 happy users since 2014.
Register

Do you eat food past its expiration date?

• Total voters

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Actually...in my country sometimes the food you buy from the store is expired but the date written on the pack just doesn't show it -__- that's why I have trust issues..so you're not alone and here we don't really have a choice 😆

Ccrash

The World's Greatest Cliffhanger!
Member for 4 years
Yo, your workplace is so dope. I've never seen that much cookies in my entire life. I hope your co-workers are into sweets and pastries 🍬🍪
Yes.... yes. We had them yesterday and now *poof* no cookies left. We are out of cookies .-.

Actually...in my country sometimes the food you buy from the store is expired but the date written on the pack just doesn't show it -__- that's why I have trust issues..so you're not alone and here we don't really have a choice 😆
That is like opening a Mary Poppins bag. You never know what you get... the only thing that would make that cooler is a fortune cookie quote in every pack. Something like "better luck next time!"

veritywillows

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
I have a disgusting experience from that.

One time, I bought a can of sardines from a retail store and when I opened it and put it in a bowl, I saw maggots floating around. I looked at the expiration date and the canned sardines expired last month.

I learned from that experience that I should be careful of the food I buy and be mindful of when it's supposed to expire. I don't want a repeat of that ever again.

Daelan

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
@Ccrash wow I would be able to finish eating with those times 😎 everything looks delicious!
I'm also happy that my german works for reading the ingredients too, and not only the applicator box 😜 catch me at the embassy applying for double citizenship next

Ccrash

Member for 4 years
@Ccrash wow I would be able to finish eating with those times 😎 everything looks delicious!
I'm also happy that my german works for reading the ingredients too, and not only the applicator box 😜 catch me at the embassy applying for double citizenship next
... ... ... you don't want to see our summer party then. Every year is another culture... this year was turkish and last year italian.

Also... u did read that applicator post and still remember that it was mine? ... ... ... Quick! Someone should publish something more embarrassing! I don't want to be remembered as "Applicator-Girl" 😂

Daelan

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
... ... ... you don't want to see our summer party then. Every year is another culture... this year was turkish and last year italian.

Also... u did read that applicator post and still remember that it was mine? ... ... ... Quick! Someone should publish something more embarrassing! I don't want to be remembered as "Applicator-Girl" 😂
Hahahah I noticed it was you because, out of the posts I've read, yours are always some of the funniest and most interesting, so it's not something to be embarrassed about at all dw 😂
Also THAT'S what I call a summer party, sounds delicious

Mtavaka124

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 6 years
This is such a personal question... I feel like I'll be judged regardless of what I choose

Ccrash

Member for 4 years
Hahahah I noticed it was you because, out of the posts I've read, yours are always some of the funniest and most interesting, so it's not something to be embarrassed about at all dw 😂
Also THAT'S what I call a summer party, sounds delicious
Aww, thats sweet! :) I love to laugh. I love to make people laugh. Let's laugh all together like some psychos or a elementary class... although there is barely a difference...

And yes it was more like a joke! I have other embarrassing stories and I can laugh about them - no harm done! :D

chere100

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Sometimes. I look at it, smell it, and make my decision on eating it from my observations.

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
This is such a personal question... I feel like I'll be judged regardless of what I choose
I am not really in a position to judge. I'll listen to what you have to say and accept your words as it is. So do you eat food that's already expired?

reveriemortelle

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I used to throw them away even if it's just a day or two past their expiration date. But I found out that the date just suggests when a product will be at its peak quality and that it will still be safe to consume after that date, but the flavor and texture quality will start to go down.

Mtavaka124

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 6 years
I am not really in a position to judge. I'll listen to what you have to say and accept your words as it is. So do you eat food that's already expired?
...only if it's pizza. I accept all pizza and regardless of its flaws. Including being near its expiry date

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
lots of food is fine think there is always a buffer for companies to cover themselves
I'm with @Alexx992 on this. Sometimes, I volunteer for a food bank to sort out food into categories to be packaged, and we have to throw away things that are expired, even if it's just a day, and it makes me sad. Because a lot of packaged things last longer than their sell-by date, and it's one less thing to be able to give to someone in need.

However, I went to a grocery store a few weeks ago and ordered a meal that came with cornbread on the side, and I didn't notice that the cornbread had a sell-by date that was a few days old until I bit into it and it was hard as a rock. Not cool!

So, all that to say that it depends for me. I rely a lot on my sense of smell. I've eaten yogurt that's been expired for days, and been fine. Same with milk. But once it curdles and starts to smell funny, then I chuck it.

britbrit7

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
If it's preserved I assume it will take longer to spoil
Post automatically merged:

Wow

AnaAlves

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
It depends on what type of food. I was a college student and lived by myself with a very tight budget so... It happened more then I'd like to admit hahaha but I learned to freeze stuff, especially bread. It preserves very well and if you use a toaster or if you heat up well the bread in the frying pan, you can't say it was frozen

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
You know the tricks of getting by :) its amazing what we do survive when pushed :) don't let that drive ever leave you :)

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
You know the tricks of getting by :) its amazing what we do survive when pushed :) don't let that drive ever leave you :)
I get to save a lot of money since I rarely have to spend for food. I just eat what my boss gave me.

I'm just happy that I have yet to get sick, otherwise I'd be forced to see a doctor if somehow the food I ate got me in trouble.