💬 Review Doki Doki Literature Club

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,548 happy users since 2014.
Register

ronandchester

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Doki Doki Literature Club

Doki Doki Literature Club is a visual novel. Its isn't suitable for Children or those who are easily disturbed.

Review:
Doki Doki Literature Club isn't your average dating simulator visual novel. It introduces four female characters with unique personalities.
Sayori: the MC's childhood friend, looks really cheerful and is a bit childish from outside
Monika: the President of the Literature Club.
Natsuki: A manga/anime loving girl who is a tsundere. She makes really good cupcakes
Yuri: A shy and quiet girl who loves reading fine literature.

This game looks all cute and innocent from the outside but after a while, things start to get weirder...
It is tagged Psychological horror for a reason.

Story: the story of DDLC is quite well written and it has a way of keeping the player engaged. The player has to write poems to get their favourite girl to like them. Things start to get weird and the story does a 360 and takes a really dark turn.
Gameplay: not gonna say much....it's amazing, you can expect 4th wall breaks throughout the game. The characters are well designed. There are disturbing scenes in the game but it isn't NSFW or 18+
Easter Eggs: a lot of stuff is hidden in plain sight and there are many Easter eggs in the game. Even the poems, the books and the slightest detail might be an Easter egg. The developers did a great job at crafting this masterpiece.
Who should play?: Anyone who is a fan of psychological thrillers and even horror should play this game. This game isn't suitable for those of faint heart.

Description of the game:
Hi, Monika here!
Welcome to the Literature Club! It's always been a dream of mine to make something special out of the things I love. Now that you're a club member, you can help me make that dream come true in this cute game!

Every day is full of chit-chat and fun activities with all of my adorable and unique club members:

Sayori, the youthful bundle of sunshine who values happiness the most;
Natsuki, the deceivingly cute girl who packs an assertive punch;
Yuri, the timid and mysterious one who finds comfort in the world of books;
...And, of course, Monika, the leader of the club! That's me!

I'm super excited for you to make friends with everyone and help the Literature Club become a more intimate place for all my members. But I can tell already that you're a sweetheart—will you promise to spend the most time with me? ♥

Thank you guys for reading this.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend this to you 100% provided you are not weak of heart or don't get disturbed easily.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐