💬 Review Fantasy Island

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,844 happy users since 2014.
Register

Mikzcool

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Fantasy Island

When the owner and operator of a luxurious island invites a collection of guests to live out their most elaborate fantasies in relative seclusion, chaos quickly descends.

Review:
Some Spoilers ahead...

A bit of background on how I watched this film. Fantasy Island was released last February 14, 2020 on Valentines day, the last movie I watched on Cinemas before the Corona Virus lockdown, so it is a bit memorable to me. When I saw on that one of the cast was Lucy Hale I wanted to watch it as she is one of my celebrity crushes. So going back to my review.

This fantasy horror movie is featured on an island that can supposedly provide you your deepest fantasies. Only a select few are chosen at a time to experience this and the Island's Manager or owner Mr. Roarke played by Michael Pena is tasked with providing the Fantasies of his visitors.

Usually at first the visitors spend the best times of their lives on the first few days but things get weirder as we go thru the film.

Watching this was a fun ride and refreshing for its genre, but the story lacks as we go to the Movie's Climax, a lot of loop holes and some parts of the story are confusing. Visual effects were good though this film doesn't have much monstrous or dangerous creatures as expected of a "Fantasy Island".

The ending of the film was a bit luck luster and cliche for a movie that I expected will have a huge reveal but does not meet expectations. May have been better if they replaced Michael Pena with a better suited actor. But all in all it is watchable.

Would you recommend this to other users? Good Fun while watching but don't expect a good story line.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐