Favourite Colour

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,380 happy users since 2014.
Register

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
So today, one of my co-workers started to ask me about my favourite colour, and then went on in lengthy detail to explain what each shade and hue means for a person's character. My co-worker is a bit of an eccentric when it comes to things of a similar nature (tarot cards, etc.), and I was far from attentive. After he spent 10 minutes of our break picking at the subject, I finally relented and played his "game". I don't necessarily have a favourite colour, but I do like blue and red, so in order to satisfy his curiosity, I told him purple, which he then went on in excessive detail about how that defines my character.
With purple being a secondary colour (a combination of blue and red), that meant I took on some attributes of both. It’s associated with creativity and imagination, too. With red being a very hot colour, it’s associated with fire, violence, and warfare. It’s also associated with love and passion, and with blue, often associated with sadness and also related to calmness and responsibility.
I have to admit, in the end, I was rather curious, and so I wished to research this subject more when I got home and think of it as an excellent way to learn what kind of person each of us is based on our preferences in colour. I thought it would be fun to learn about your guys' favourite colours, and I will display a summary of all the meanings below to see what each colour represents, and then we can discuss whether any of them is true to our characters.
  • Red: Passion, Love, Anger
  • Orange: Energy, Happiness, Vitality
  • Yellow: Happiness, Hope, and Deceit
  • Green: New Beginnings, Abundance, Nature
  • Blue: Calm, Responsible, Sadness
  • Purple: Creativity, Royalty, Wealth
  • Black: Mystery, Elegance, Evil
  • Grey: Moody, Conservative, Formality
  • White: Purity, Cleanliness, Virtue
  • Brown: Nature, wholeness, dependability
  • Tan or Beige: conservative, pious, dull.
  • Cream or Ivory: Calm, Elegant, Purity

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
I believe we are all sad. Even those that come off as cold and disconnected. But me personally, I take the sadness aspect from the colour, but calmness and responsibility not so much. Maybe you feel the same?

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
I can understand the skepticism as I too don't truly believe in this all that much as I am new to this. I thought it was an interesting way to learn about others, and also, doing this was a way for me to keep my annoying co-worker off my back. 😅

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Those are good traits, and I envy your ability to remain calm. I am very quick to anger, and that is me living up to my attributes within the red aspect of my favourite colour, purple.

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
I wish this question was so easy to answer. If so, I would no longer need to waste my weekends with my therapist. :LOL:

I guess if I was to pin the origin of my anger it would be experiencing a lot of death and wrong in this world from a young age and so I grew up hating the world rather than loving it. I also envied those growing up around me that had perfect happy families, whereas I came from a broken home. I thank you for asking about me. It means a lot and thank you for taking the time to engage in my post. :)

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Don't be. I am happy to be having more conversations with others rather than keeping s**t to myself, so I appreciate it. Also, this post is all about getting to know one another, so don't think anything of it.

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
That is a deeper explanation than I thought it would be.
My favourite is Black, it just goes with everything. Oh and I'm pure evil aswell. :)

Last edited:

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
I don't know, some things just trigger someone. Mine is putting overcomplicated systems to tie a bag of anything, bread bag, plastic bag. If I have to spend more than 20 seconds undoing a tie or nut I just start breaking stuff.

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Could it be that we are evil twins?😈

Black may not be my favourite colour, but I definitely exhibit some, if not all, the attributes associated with the colour itself, and I tend to be an evil dickhead, especially in Fable... Sorry chickens. (You will laugh if you get this reference).:LOL:

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Thank you all for sharing. I am going to bed now... FOR REAL THIS TIME. Damn, I wish I could just go to sleep, my mind full of energy. I hope to wake up and see some more contributions that would make my day a whole lot better. 😊

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
That's a lovely colour with copious amounts of positive attributes associated with that colour and I hope you believe that it relates to you too. :)

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
My favourite colour is purple but I also love black, white and red.
Purple just paints royalty, giving credence to its stoic beauty. I, too, love purple. Thank you for sharing.