For those who were here for CoG games

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,637 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikotic

x_x [ EᏒᏒOЯ: 410 ] x_x
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
So I noticed a ton of people are likely leaving because Hosted and CoG games will no longer be available here (Even you, the stranger reading this post who's included in that group upset by the bad news.) I get where you're coming from, I really do. Originally I came here for the same reason years back. Then I recently heard that Sbenny will no longer provide these games. (Yes, I know I'm late to this party. Late is just what I do. People tolerate my nonsense at best.)
Perhaps this feature was ceased due to legal threat reasons, or perhaps for whatever else. Nonetheless, it is quite upsetting.
But hear me out....
Through out the years, I came to realize that this site was much more than I originally expected. It wasn't just a place where people helped one another get content they wanted but couldn't afford or at least said content modded to their liking. But over time, I found that within it is a socializing community of kind people and potential friends. Just like myself, you were even welcomed here as one when you originally joined. For example, they talk to everyone as an individual instead of setting a bot to handle you as just another face in the crowd, they honor birthdays by announcing them to everyone in the community on that day, and they enjoy chatting each other up here just for whatever.
I honestly don't know any other modding site out there that is this awesome. Even if there are any, I wouldn't care as much for it as I do for this one.
The people running this site have been through a lot, and losing a lot of members just because of this new change is probably stressful for them. Even at the time when the servers were damaged from an unfortunate fire, (I think last year or two years ago?), a great deal of us pitched in to help give our support, be it financially or morally. In my opinion, that's an amazing community.
After all they did for us and the kindness they showed us when we came here, it sucks to see that some of us are just packing up and leaving for a petty reason.
If your decision is final, then I can't change your mind. But I can at least ask- as a person who was once here for the same reason a while back- that you at least tell them thank you. I say this because they really did work hard to help everyone here, even you.
But if you should decide to stay, that would mean a lot more than you think.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
@Saikotic Thank you for your kinds words of love and encouragement. Indeed, the staff and most of the members, are stressed regarding our current circumstances.
It's been a tough road for all of us. It's members like you, and messages like this, that give us hope and courage to face these uncertain times that lay ahead.
The community was built on the idea of coming together as a family and like all families we have our bumps in the road. We are strong though. We can, and will,
make it through this together, with the help of members like you!

Saikotic

Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
You bet, and let us know how we can help you guys in any way. As for those reading this post; Please, it really would matter if we help this community like it did and still does for us.

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Well said. I couldn't have put it any better. I came here for the mods, I stayed here for the community.

djkunnn

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
I personally love how they moderate this site, all the staff and moderators are truly kind people, something that is astonishing considering other sites and the way they censure people... Including that s**t show forum in cog.... I don't have any problem with hg or cog not being on this site anymore, tbh any game I like is something that I always buy.. I do get it sux because some people may not have money or they are here for moded games but this was something bound to happen at some point, I think everyone is grateful for the work Sbenny and all staff and members have done to make this community one of the most enjoyable and a good place to learn, befriend and share games.
Thanks for all that.
(While I'm not much of a poster myself, I will still be lurking and hope to do so for many years, take care y'all).

Sammy0381

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 3 years
I always been shy and found it hard to talk to people but when I got here I was welcomed way better than I have been anywhere else sometimes even by my own family I couldn't talk to them about really simple stuff so thankyou sbenny for welcoming me and the staff and everyone who made somewhere I could feel welcomed at

And to be honest most of my games are hosted and I did come here for the hosted games too but along the way I found something better people who were nice and welcomed me even when they didn't even know me but I'm still staying because of this

Saikotic

Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
(apparently I forgot how to use a forum....)

Saikotic

Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
And to be honest most of my games are hosted and I did come here for the hosted games too but along the way I found something better people who were nice and welcomed me even when they didn't even know me but I'm still staying because of this
I certainly know what you mean. I hardly ever talk to anyone, both locally and online. I'm quite the loner and I find it hard to get along with my family and all my friends moved away, not before backstabbing me of course. This community is way better than even Facebook. Here, you're never just another face in the crowd. Hang out, give it a chance and it goes from a community to something more like a crazy but awesome family.

Status
Not open for further replies.