💬 Review Full Metal Jacket (1987)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,330,338 happy users since 2014.
Register

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Full Metal Jacket (1987)

During the Vietnam War, under the ruthless command of Hartman, a few recruits face mental breakdowns.

Review:
Full Metal Jacket (1987)

A 'war' film directed by Stanley Kubrick.

Story:

Hmm. The movie felt like two parts, let's call it the first act and the second act.

Now, for the first act, it was really good - more than good, it was great. At least for me. It was at often times funny (ish) and actually really chilling. Right from the start until the end of the first act was good.

Now the second act. The second act was a bit slower than the first. It didn't have that 'chilling' scenes as before. But the final scenes in the building was really great, I enjoyed it.

The story was interesting, on the first act, I got the feeling what was coming, but I was still shocked nonetheless.

Music:

On the first half, there weren't so much music, just a bit of ambiance, and drill music, if that makes sense (probably not but okay).

On the second half, it became much more lively, and I'm not sure if I really liked it or not. At the same time, it felt just fine, but at the same time it felt like it wasn't 'right'.

Visuals:

Of course, as much as you'd expect from Stanley Kubrick films, the cinematography was good. It was obvious (for me) that it was a Kubrick film because of the long transitions and stuff.

I liked the sets on the second act, especially the burning buildings and such.

Although the film kind of 'derailed' after the first act, there were still some pretty good scenes. I enjoyed it, honestly. It's still a good film.

If you're looking for an awesome war film, then look somewhere else. Not that this isn't good, but it's not the best. But if you love Kubrick's films, then you might appreciate it.

Would you recommend this to other users? Sure.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐