💬 Review Gacha Memories by IsraaMichaelis

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,334,068 happy users since 2014.
Register

IsraaNox

Sbenny's Police Officer
Staff Member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Gacha Memories

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): Gacha Memories - Anime Visual NoveL V.1.0.1 - Ads Removed Mod apk

Gach Memories is an anime romance Visual Novel, developed and published by Lunime.

Review:
You begin the game as either a male or a female, you can also name yourself or play as the default name picked by the game (indicating your rank/profession), which is the Summoner. The game proceeds at first with lighthearted comedy and it feels like a normal romance/slice of life anime, until you begin choosing between two choices, gradually, which determine what character, from the ones who are romanceable, you'll end up with. The choices are pretty straightforward, and if you are an experienced visual novel player, it is quite clear what the choices will decide your romantic outcome. The characters are pretty interesting and what is more, all of them have a form of psychological/mental ailment which makes it difficult, yet interesting, to see how you, the player, will handle these characters, given that they are your love interest. The ailments the characters suffer from occurred due to a previous incident which I will not linger further on in order to not spoil the game. The art is pretty and the music is suitable for the situations. However, a most annoying aspect of the game has made me drop my rating: its brevity. I do not know whether the developers intended to make this game short on purpose, or whether they created it hastily in order to render it a promotion for the other games in the series (perhaps if one plays the rest of the series it can make sense why it is so short?) but the shortness of the game is quite disheartening. You want to explore what the rest of the characters have to offer, you want to spend more time with them, you want to form a big picture BEFORE you fall in love with one of them. Sadly, the game does not offer that, and immediately couples you with the person you will romance depending on your choices (which do not offer much freedom anyway). In any case, perhaps the developers intended to make it this way so that the original fans of the previous games can learn more about the characters? Or perhaps they simply did not know how to construct a romance visual novel. I am not gonna lie, I enjoyed exploring the psychological states of each character, but that's about it.

Would you recommend this to other users? There are plenty of good visual novels out there. What would push me to recommend this is that it's an Android/IOS game, and you can reach it immediately upon unlocking your phone. The game is not bad storywise, but the romance is hasty and not very well made. It is up to the player to decide.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐