💬 Review Golden Tour - Golden Live in Concert by nomevisss

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,111 happy users since 2014.
Register

nomevisss

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Golden Tour - Golden Live in Concert

A full length film concert in London from the Golden Tour, the 15th world tour from superstar australian singer Kylie Minogue.

Review:
This movie film have growth on me little by little, at the first 30 minutes i said to myself i thought this was my least favorite tour from Kylie; until i revisited even at the time watching the entire length film, some songs and the tour growth definitely in me.

Before seeing the full concert i did some research to see what's going on with the concert and film; aside from knowing the traditional pop record album (i don't know the name) but i didn't knew about Golden or a tour about it. I only read about the album, and how it received critical acclaim; my experience doesn't get ruin even when i read accidentally some ends from some videos, movies or series.

The beginning of the concert it's beautiful, love the little blurred effect the photography of the direction have along the cinematography choose in the editing. This it's the tour that i have watched from Kylie were i didn't like almost all the songs from the new material, but it didn't happened because of the toned down scale (which it's great) but it's more about the country pop rendition, it's not my favorite.

The Golden song from the intro it's great, i really like it; how everything was presented along the interactivity with the stylish intros and the live performance by the band, dancers and Kylie itself. How she appear in stage with all the different backpacks and her beautiful pink dress, she look gorgeous and sings beautifully; i love the cowboy aesthetic, and how during all the show she not only plays with it for her and her dancers, but too find even subcategories and ways to be creative along the almost two hours the show lengths, the costume design it's impeccable, as always.

''What's the worst thing, that could happen to you...'' I have to say, ''Get Out Of My Way'' it's the perfect pop anthem, and one of my favorites songs from Kylie, i didn't knew it was from Aphrodite until i revisited the film tour after some years, i didn't knew much about her discography after i watch the available music concerts films. ''Better the Devil You Know'' and and the interlude with ''Blue Velvet'' was definitely outstanding, totally; from the video intro visuals from the concerts along the costume, band performance and even direction. I enjoyed it so much, so much. A nice detail to use the same outfit on stage.

The rendition of ''Confide in Me'' , ''I Believe In You'' with all the red lightings in contrast with the white outfit of Kylie it's superb; at this point i know Kylie can shine not just through a high scale production usually we'll see from her, but she can make herself valuable and show to us all the pristine baggage as a vocalist and performer she have accumulated, and have a smile in our faces at the same time instead of watching with a level of petulantly, that's how great she is we cherish her lowkey pretentious show of of an artist she is; a little bit of eccentricity, simplicity, naturality and a warm nice exchange with the audience.

I really like the ''In Your Eyes'' rendition, along the performances around with Kylie singing; their dances do a great job, it's even a little more difficult in my opinion to prove their talent and worth with not many going around the stage, just the central stage lighting along some imaginary around the screens, and props (in this case a pool table).

NOW! This it's the part of the concert at 30 minutes in i lost the inmersion, i don't like the song, and i don't like a performance when the dancer it's around the singer pretending an overjoyed and effusive performance, it's so cringe for me, ''Time to Repair'' may have some nice themes about a love relationship failed, but no, it's a no for me. Something that happened with this concert i realized it's that, this it's gonna be a different concert because, i said, ''i'll lost interest and now there's something that's gonna recaptived my interest'' because ''Shelby '68 '' even if i didn't love it, i did enjoy the performance and the visuals of the concert, i love the synergy between both of them; something in past tours it was strictly episodical, intro video, performance, intro video, performance; and the video was complementing the live performance; here, it's part of the performance, it's advancing through the lyrics with different scenes, something tricky to pull out but it was successful.

The renditon of ''Can Get You Out Of My Head'' it was mixed for me, the performances of the dancers with the telephone cabin at the left side of the stage was entertaining, but the country pop, soft rock country musicality i didn't enjoy it, the interest oscillation started and i knew it was coming after Time To Repair happened; ''The Chain'' and ''Slow'' performance were absolutely superb, all of it. The bands performance solo without Kylie around it's magnific, their band it's great, i don't know if it's the same that have toured with her but they got along with the way Kylie do things. Specially the ''Slow'' rendition i think it's one of my favorites from everything i've seen from her so far, ''Kids'' it was nice, but the real highlight from this segment it's ''The One'', love the beginning of the song were we can see the silhouette of Kylie but not directly, thanks to the reflectors behind her, also it's such a nice touch the background singers are close in red lights, their receiving their scene stage even when Kylie it's the center of attention, there's no competency but complementing of their roles without feel it disdaniated hierarchical. Apart from looking fabulous with those leathers pants and a simple black shirt, Kylie it's let the audience know if she have an usual grandeur laboured show, it's because she wants to, not because it's needed because she feels lacked of skills to entertain and retained the attention of everybody.

I understand the acclaim for her concert and this tour too, she really shines with and without a multiple million dollar production behind her. Now, the country pop songs are a hit or mixed, there's nothing in between, ''Stop me from falling'' great theme, but i didn't like it, it feels formulaic type of country song, and a formulaic not successful type of country song. until ''All The Lovers'' i was disinterested in even now if this songs were from her past discography or from Golden, that's how much i dislike them; i'm the first of accepting i don't know her full discography, and learn the songs i like by listening first from her film concerts.

After we go back to the last segment of the show, i wasn't invested until i heard ''On a Night Like This'' come up, i didn't like the past songs; but i was engage by seeing how fluid, happy and great Kylie look, that dress it's beautiful. ALSO, her vocals are great here; i was happy that in the songs like ''The One'' she was belting, the most belt i heard was in Kyliex2008 and some parts of the Aphrodite Tour. Besides, she dances way more here and i love me some Kylie dancing, she it's splendid it's her simplicity, and her boody looks absolutely beautiful.

The Encore it's not something i really enjoyed, but i did have a great time seeing Kylie perform with her band, belting again here and there with a beautiful turquoise attire and let the band give their best for the last part of the concert. Also, the dancers did outstandingly too, the choreography can be simple at times but that doesn't mean it's not well done and probably so carefully well rehearsed. I love the fact after Fever 2002 Love At First Sight was perform in the first segment of the concert, she did it at last here, and the moment where she take the microphone and belted so powerfully and greatly done, i wish she would belted a little more on her concert from now on, she brings vocal delivery variety i appreciated but it needed belting too, she deliver that night.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐