💬 Review Hello World

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,331,385 happy users since 2014.
Register

Biochemister

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Hello World

A man travels in time from the year 2027 to relive his school years and to correct a bad decision.

Review:
Honestly, I thought I wouldn't like the movie. I'm not a huge fan of the romance genre and anime and I expected the movie to be the typical trope where boy falls for girl, girl falls in love with boy, something horrible happens to either of them, they both resolve it, the end. But It wasn't exactly that. I loved the movie Donnie Darko and this movie had some aspects of that along with Black Mirror. I loved the sci-fi and "alternate universes" aspect of the movie as well.

The story takes place in what is supposedly a recorded version of the past. A man from the future travels back in time to instruct his younger self on what he is supposed to do in order to prevent a situation from happening. He tells his younger self that he would fall in love with the quiet, intimidating girl who was not so good with technology and his younger self argues that he would never fall for someone like that. The man says that he and the girl would eventually get together but shortly after, something terrible happens to her and he says that the only thing he wants was to see her smile again.

I thought it was gonna end like that and that was the entire thing the movie was about and boy, was I wrong. I'm not gonna explain the rest but it highly exceeded my expectations and I was left with so many theories and speculations after I watched it.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you're a fan of sci-fi / time-travel / alternate universe with some romance then I'd highly recommend.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐