💬 Review Hereditary

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,330,244 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sy9126

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Hereditary

Hereditary is another film by Ari Aster, the director of Midsommar. The horror film is much darker and more serious than Midsommar, but is very similar stylistically. Essentially, the life of a family is followed after an accident that leads to them uncovering their ancestry.

Review:
Hereditary is a horror film that follows a family after a tragic accident that in itself was one of the most disturbing parts of the movie. The family becomes increasingly paranoid and terrified of what they are uncovering, and the psychological terror builds slowly throughout the movie. If you are not already familiar with Ari Aster's Midsommar, the psychological build-up also reminded me of The Shining. This film, however, is much more disturbing in its refusal to hide any type of gore. I really enjoyed this about the film, because I appreciated the true "horror" of it. The gore that was present was very realistic and difficult to laugh at, unlike more theatrical horror movies, which truly scared me in a more psychological sense. There was nothing about the movie that I did not like, because it was so engaging and skillfully progressed through the plot that I watched all of it at 3 AM in the dark with headphones on, enjoying every second. The detailed plot, story progression, cinematography, and soundtrack all contributed to its ability to disturb the viewers and made it one of my top favorite movies. If you are looking for a film that will genuinely scare you and leave you frantically running up the stairs in the dark, give Hereditary a watch.

Would you recommend this to other users? I definitely recommend Hereditary for those wanting a truly candid interpretation of a horror film. I would not recommend watching this if you cannot handle gore/blood/etc, or if you are watching with children. Some scenes are very disturbing, but as I said earlier, perfect for people looking for an actually scary movie.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐