I Venture to the Otome Universe!

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,670 happy users since 2014.
Register

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Hello, Sbenny family! I have created this off-topic thread because I am nearing the end of my COG and HG obsession and have pretty much devoured all there is of my interests within the COG/HG universe, so now I seek new lands!​
Most of you, like me, came here for the abundance of COG/HG games Sbenny provided, and with what has transpired of late, I don't blame those that wish to leave, but I also believe you will stay for the community, despite them not providing our favourite mods, because the Sbenny family is a beautiful place and we can face this adversity together, like a family. While I played these games, I often asked, "Where is Friedrich Nietzsche?" because I found myself gazing longingly into the abyss of my phone screen for hours upon end whilst reading these novels, and I will miss them.And so, finding something as vast and lovable as COG was hard, but I thought I would give Otome a go since Sbenny has copious amounts of said genre.​
Now I have come to the conclusion that I will give the Otome Universe a go and so I ask the people who are the reason I am still here: What recommendations do you have for a newcomer to the Otome franchise?​

D

Deleted member 56303

Oh lord I don't even know where to start tbh. Are you looking for romantic visual novels in general or otomes specifically? Or just visual novels minus the romance? I usually tag otome if its possible to play as a female protag paired with the ability to romantically pursue someone. Multi tag if its possible to switch genders or customize the protag. What genres are you specifically into? Atm as a broader recommendation I'd recommend Our Life as its semi otome-ish as you can customize the MC. The games pretty freeing and ultimately leaves the choices up to you in comparison to other visual novels/otomes that give you the illusion of choice. I'd categorize it as slice of life, romance, and slightly comedic with a feel good vibe. If you're looking for something with fantasy elements combined with romance, When the Night Comes is one of my favorites. Or if you're looking for something completely non-serious, I recommend Hatoful Boyfriend. Self explanatory when googled, not gonna ruin the fun by explaining. If you're looking for romance but less of the dating sim aspects of otomes, I recommend The House in Fata Morgana. Not really my vibe since I tend to sway towards lighter plots, but this visual novel is extremely well written, the characters are so nicely developed that they seem like real humans, alongside really great artwork. Would not play if you can't deal with darker plots.

Unohana

The Explorer of Sbenny
Member for 3 years
Mystic messenger? Haven't played the game, an old flame of mine told me it was cool.