💬 Review In the Tall Grass

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,336,856 happy users since 2014.
Register

Laurell

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: In the Tall Grass

It's basically about a pregnant lady, her brother, and a couple other people getting trapped in a seemingly never-ending cycle in tall grass. The thrill is there but at times it can get a bit boring too.

Review:
So first of all, the premise of the story can be quite confusing, especially to those who don't really pay much attention to details. Half of the time I was watching with my friends, we had to pause because we couldn't understand what was happening (although maybe it was just incredible misunderstanding on our side lmao). At some parts, you'd be at the edge of your seat though and this movie is really good at that. It's more of like, it's either an intense high of adrenaline or just a splat of "meh". The storyline took us a while to figure out but we managed to put two and two together. However, I will say that the story was a liiiiitttttllleeeeee bit easy to guess. Like, not in the sense that you'd feel when the jumpscares would come out but in a sense that you know what's going to happen. That doesn't ruin the thrill of it though so it's still worth watching. I would say, however, that I personally think this isn't Stephen King's best work (just like my opinion with Carrie) but nevertheless, it's a good one. It gives me the creepers I feel when I see Pennywise from IT and also the suspense I feel from The Mist which are an amazing duo of emotions that a writer could incite. Just a reminder though, after watching this movie, you'll be looking at any patch of tall grass a bit differently from now on.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend it if you're already a big fan of Stephen King because this movie has major King feels. If you do decide to check it out though, then be ready to put your thinking caps on because it's going to be quite a mental ride.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐

nur24syafie

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
The movie's pretty good despite being just a little confusing here and there. It would help if they stated the time/date so we'd know which timeline they were refering to. But overall, the movie's not bad.