Is it possible to change skins,templates, or images in a android game?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,331,618 happy users since 2014.
Register

Dash17

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
Do you need a certain amount of skill or does you need to be rooted?

If not are there certain tools you need?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
The res folder of apk files usually contains many of the graphical aspects you might want to modify.

Requirements? Hmm.. Winrar, paint and apksigner and you're done.

Dash17

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
The res folder of apk files usually contains many of the graphical aspects you might want to modify.

Requirements? Hmm.. Winrar, paint and apksigner and you're done.
Thank you for replying but I think wasn't being specific enough. The game is a dating simulator. I wanted to edit pictures,character sprites, and skins.

In the res folder the only visible images are of social media icons and buttons the rest are XML files.

The images for character sprites and skins only show up in a OBB/data file.

ScottT1224

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I use APK Editor which allows you to extract each image, then using an image editing app I change the sprites. Sometimes I export them so I can edit them in Photoshop.
APK Editor allows you to then replace that image and once you made your changes, you can repackage the APK and reinstall it. I've also done this with keyboard and launcher themes. Takes some time of course, but it is doable. It was taking too long to finish, I might go back to it, but I was editing Flappy Bird. I was replacing the sprites with Chris Christie on his beach chair XD
It works fine, but of course it takes some trial and error when working with the sprites.

Attachments

Dash17

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
I use APK Editor which allows you to extract each image, then using an image editing app I change the sprites. Sometimes I export them so I can edit them in Photoshop.
APK Editor allows you to then replace that image and once you made your changes, you can repackage the APK and reinstall it. I've also done this with keyboard and launcher themes. Takes some time of course, but it is doable. It was taking too long to finish, I might go back to it, but I was editing Flappy Bird. I was replacing the sprites with Chris Christie on his beach chair XD
It works fine, but of course it takes some trial and error when working with the sprites.
What if it's made with unity?

ScottT1224

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
What if it's made with unity?
With Unity, it's really difficult it at all possible. You need to bring all of the .asset files into a program which would combine them and then extract as one file. Unity games usually have more than 20 asset files and it would be really time consuming.

Dash17

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
With Unity, it's really difficult it at all possible. You need to bring all of the .asset files into a program which would combine them and then extract as one file. Unity games usually have more than 20 asset files and it would be really time consuming.
Ah okay thank you!