💬 Review knives out (2019)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,225 happy users since 2014.
Register

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: knives out (2019)

a "whodunit" mystery unlike any that you've ever seen. a private investigator is hired to find out what really happened the night the patriarch of a wealthy family died.

Review:
because this movie is so much better when you don't know what's going on, i will not be putting any spoilers at all in this review. as such, it will seem a lot shorter than my usual reviews.

this movie is directed by rian johnson (as well as co-written by him), and i implore you, even if you hated what he did with star wars, give this film a try. the film is listed as a drama/thriller but they should also add "comedy" to the list as there were several moments that had both me and my husband laughing out loud. the humor is cynical, but fits perfectly with the overall tone of the film.

the star studded cast includes chris evans, jamie lee curtis, and daniel craig, to name a few. all of their performances are stellar. it's really nice to see chris evans as a character that's vastly different from captain america.

as someone who lives in the southern usa, i felt daniel craig's southern accent was spot on. he sounds exactly like my husband's grandfather. that accent really gave an extra layer to his character, benoit blanc.

a brief plot synopsis: world famous mystery novelist harlan thrombey (plummer) has died, and local police have ruled it a suicide. however, an anonymous client hires famed private investigator benoit blanc (craig) on the suspicion that perhaps there was foul play involved. what will he uncover when he interrogates each eccentric member of the thrombey clan?

the film had me guessing the entire time, and even when i thought i had figured it out, still managed to throw me for another loop. it was a super entertaining roller coaster ride from start to finish. i felt that this movie definitely lived up to the hype.

Would you recommend this to other users? i feel this is a must see for anyone who likes detective mysteries. i will say this: if seeing people vomit makes you sick, then sit this one out.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

hackirr

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
This movie makes you think "Haha he can't be the killer, its obvious.". Than its revealed, afterwards you think you are smart. Than it turns out that you were wrong

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
There were so many names attached to it that it kinda put me off, but it sounds like I should give it a chance. I love whodunnits! Is there a lot of comedy in this?

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 5 years
There were so many names attached to it that it kinda put me off, but it sounds like I should give it a chance. I love whodunnits! Is there a lot of comedy in this?
the comedy is more or less just witty banter.