💬 Review Lonely Castle In The Mirror by Malice Galaxius

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,075 happy users since 2014.
Register

Malice Galaxius

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Lonely Castle In The Mirror

A castle through a looking glass. Delve into a world where you can escape from reality. However, everything has a price~.

Review:
There was nothing interesting going on in the intro but for the sake of exposition. I've seen a lot of movies like this with, "Silent Voice" or "Wonder Egg Priority", where they mostly deal with trauma and I like how, "Lonely Castle In The Mirror" isn't inferior when it comes to character building. Oh, they gone high.

TW: Mentions of Rape, blood, bullying, threats, isolation, etc.

Basically so bad that you'd have to go see a therapist. I'm a fan of psychological horror, just not gore or an abundant amount of blood, which, thank god, they didn't have that much. For the intro, I will say it's so-so. If you watched, "Drifting Home", which is another psychological fantasy movie, it gives the same amount of energy for the intro. Don't get me wrong, I like "Drifting Home", it was an emotional rollercoaster but the way they executed the exposition is the mediocre. It gets good the more you watched it though.

[Spoiler Alert]
Honestly, every time I see the those scenes where bullying is taken so far, it made me horrified than the wolf literally eating the children.

The visuals are all amazing too. They remind me of Studio Ghibli with the amount of details they put inside the castle which kinda make sense because they need to look for the key to grant any wish, and the need to make it so detailed to look for clues the Wolf Master left.

[Spoiler Alert]
At first, I expected the ending to be where the main protagonist, Kokoro to sacrifice herself to wish for her friends to be alive because ehem, foreshadowing.

But I did not expect to turn out that way at all! Sure, Kokoro sacrificed herself, but the development of the plot to lead it to that ending was such a plot twist.

It's sad to think that most trauma from the story are gotten from school and school is supposed to be a place where your dreams are polished. This story is a real tear-jerker from the sta-... I mean... From the rising action to the end.

There's a slight romance to this movie but what I feel for Kokoro and the male lead is just pure friendship. Kinda like Haku and Chihiro from, "Spirited Away". The friendship Kokoro needed to trust herself more and give the courage to open up to her mother about the abuse she had to endure than keeping it deep inside whilst eating her alive. They really did an amazing job of the internal struggle and the utter desire to just speak out your trauma but can't because of fear. It's a really hard struggle because what if the bullies may seek out revenge or harm her mother? Invoking these emotions without even saying it outright is an amazing talent of body language imagery and I applaud.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you have watched any movies I'd referenced or liked psychological genre or just really wanna watch some warm hearted movie then this movie is just right for you.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐