💬 Review Love and Revenge

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,333,835 happy users since 2014.
Register

NyAsagi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Love and Revenge

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): Otome games English(otoge): Love and Revenge + MOD

An otome game released originally by Accela as "Mistress Contract" and re-released by Ciagram in April 2017. Review contains mild spoilers.

Review:
Love and Revenge has an interesting storyline because it actually changes dramatically depending on your chosen love interest. Ciagram has also left out the third love interest, Hiromitsu Kamiji, for some reason, so I will not be writing about his route. (I think he's in another Ciagram release.)

You either choose between Eric Larsen or Alexander Gautier.
In Eric's storyline, the main character has just taken over her family's company after the death of her brother. (Her parents are already deceased.) With the company quickly failing and the MC having little knowledge on being a CEO, she requests financial aid from Larsen Co. with an interesting turn of events.

Alex's story has you playing a woman who gets involved in a plan with her estranged grandfather, the head of a pretigious family, to marry into the Gautier family as a revenge plot in exchange for money for her sick mother's life saving surgery.

So yeah, they're both pretty different and there's no connection between the two in anyway.
Unfortunately, this is the worst mobile otome I've read so far and I'll explain why.

Eric Larsen is by far, a huge buttface to put it lightly. He's a HORRIBLE character and there's nothing redeeming about him after the way he treats the MC. His story is also rushed, disjointed and unfortunately, his story is way longer than Alex's. One chapter he's using the MC as a tool for pleasure and saying horrible things to her, and the next chapter he suddenly loves her.
Doesn't help that the MC is really weakwilled and cries a lot, but I can't blame her when she has to put up with him.

Luckily, Alex's story was much better and he's not as much of a jerk. His reason for being cold to her later in the story was also justified, as he felt betrayed after finding out about the revenge plan. His story also had an element of mystery which I like.
I wish I had read his story last to wash the bad taste out of my mouth from Eric.

The chapter lengths were very different on each route. Alex had a total of 14 chapters and three endings, each made up of 5 seperate parts, whilst Eric had 15 chapters, a 2nd story of 11 chapters and 6 endings. They are made up of about 15 parts each.
(The fact that they gave the best guy a short story is an injustice itself.)

The artwork and CGs were also not great. The stills were grainy and half of them were repeated but zoomed and with a faded effect.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would only recomend Alex's route. Otherwise, stay away. There are plenty of better games.
(Only because of Alex, I'm giving it 2 stars.)

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐