Luxury or Temporary ?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,488 happy users since 2014.
Register

So what should I do the new car or the used car?

• Total voters

littleme246

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 2 years
I'm almost 22 I just got a steady job and am thinking about getting a car.
Currently, my family's driver is taking me from and to work and that's a problem because our current car burns through petrol

buying a new car would fix this but at the same time it won't because the driver is heavy on the gas it would lessen the cost but still It would bring unwanted attention (the car I was thinking about is a BMW) plus my place of work is still under construction and it might ruin the car (many of my coworkers' cars needed tire changes new coat of paint and more fixes because of the place)

buying a used small cheap car that doesn't use much petrol and giving it to the driver and taking our current(which I like driving and it can handle my current work environment) which would probably fix the petrol situation and I would have a car with me while at work way sooner

So what should I do the new car or the used car?

Rosina

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 1 year
The used car. By the time you buy your cheap used car, it would have completed the steepest part of the depreciation curve. After the first five years, cars depreciate way less than when they were in their prime, which means that when you're done with your econobox, you may be able to sell it for about the same price you bought it. Its a win win

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
It ultimately depends on local economy and your own income. If you are in a position to buy yourself a new car and maintain it, then go with it. I'm sure you can find a garage nearby that can hold the car while you are working, plus a good the insurance would solve everything including the part that it would apparently attract attention.
Getting a used car now simply because you can afford it sooner is an explanation that sounds somewhat lacking since it's a car that may have seen it's fair share of use and it may not be in the best condition, even if it appears that way. Also, changing cars it's always a pain in the butt. Better to have something you can call yours and enjoy it for as long as possible.

Again, it depends on who you are, what are your means, how your local economy is, etc, etc, etc..

littleme246

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 2 years
I can afford either of them because I don’t really have a lot of experience and the used car won’t be for me it will be for the driver
I will take the current car we have, I like that car and don’t mind using it it's a Toyota land cruiser which I like driving

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
I would suggest waiting for a little while as leaders all over the world are requesting people to opt for electric cars and some countries are even providing subsidies if people opt for electric cars.
I wanted to buy a car this year but I opted out after seeing the oil price rise so, sticking to public transport.
Once the subsidies kick in maybe it will be cheaper to drive an electric car.

If not then, I would suggest a used car with a good mileage.

Last edited:

Kellanoa

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 2 years
Fuel is killing us all slowly the prices are getting high every week/days, it was all about P***n useless w*r. I suggest that you use a car that is Fuel Effecient so you wont hurt your weekly budget or income and if you are a rich person i guess my opinion don't mind it.

itchyflood

Lurker Lv0️⃣
In the end, the decision relies on your local economy and financial status. If you have the means to buy and maintain a new car, then it's recomended to do so. With a good insurance policy, you will be covered for any potential issues, including the possibility of theft. You can also find a nearby garage to store your car while you're at work. Opting for a used car just because you can afford it now may not be a wise choice, as it could have been heavily used and may not be in the best condition, even if it seems to be. Moreover, changing cars can be a hassle. It's better to own something that you can call your own and enjoy for as long as possible.

Berberry

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Waiting a short bit would be advised because international leaders are urging people to choose electric automobiles, and some nations are even offering subsidies to those who do.
I wanted to buy a car this year, but I decided against it after seeing the price of oil climb and instead chose to use public transportation.
Perhaps driving an electric vehicle will be more affordable once the subsidies begin.