💬 Review MeChat - Love secrets v3.8.0 by harumscarum

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,283 happy users since 2014.
Register

harumscarum

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the app you are reviewing: MeChat - Love secrets v3.8.0

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): MeChat - Love secrets v3.8.0 Mod Apk (Unlimited Gems) (FIXED AND TESTED!) Mod apk

MeChat is a romance/dating "visual novel" of sorts all set in the tone of a dating app. There are many different characters to chat with and go on dates with. As you talk to these characters you unlock photos, audio messages, and level up your relationship with them!

Review:
This game has a lot going for it but suffers from a lot of flaws. I'll start this off with the classic Steam Review template, and go into further detail for each section.

---{ Graphics }---
☐ You forget what reality is
☐ Beautiful
☐ Good
☑ Decent
☐ Bad
☐ Don‘t look too long at it
☐ MS-DOS

+ The art is nice, charming, and far from what I'd call effortless, especially since there is such a WIDE range of characters
- However, I think it struggles to be a distinct style. It seems to be a mix between an anime style as well as more American cartoons, in a way it does blend in with every other one of those "Episode", Kim Kardashian, etc. types of games. I think it lacks a lot in the expression of emotions of the characters, maybe it's just the style but it's not entirely convincing, and can come off as stiff at times.
- As mentioned above, the art is pretty stiff. Besides emotion on the face, barely any other part of the characters moves, at least from what I experienced.
-+ Considering it's on the google play store, don't be surprised when the game is inherently not all that lewd, with shirtless men and suggestive text, but no full nudity is shown. To each their own, but I thought I'd mention it.

---{ Gameplay }---
☐ Very good
☐ Good
☐ It's just gameplay
☑ Meh
☐ Watch paint dry instead
☐ Just don't

- The gameplay is about as boring as you expect it to be, considering it's a dating VN and not some RPG or beat 'em up. Tap, read, tap, read, tap, read, choose an option, repeat. I played the game for about a total of 3-4 hours, so it didn't keep me enthralled for all that too long, especially since the story wasn't always rewarding.
- I think the developers cornered themselves with how the app works. Text, response, and narration can get pretty restricting, especially if you're choosing an **action** rather than a **response**. When you choose an action, it shows up as if you say it rather than do it. I.E
> Say Hello
> Ignore Them
> "Ignore them"
It's pretty immersion-breaking and seems to be lousy programming, but I've never made a game, so I can't really talk.
+ I think the whole "swipe to get a match!" thing is cute. Obviously inspired by real dating apps, but still I nice touch nonetheless

---{ Audio }---
☐ Eargasm
☐ Very good
☐ Good
☐ Not too bad
☑ Bad
☐ I'm now deaf

- *Sigh*, what do I even say? There was basically no audio. No music, no NOTHING. It was honestly weird to just read and read and there be not even sound effects when events like THUNDER took place. No, my game was not muted, because I was able to hear the part of this game that has audio: Voice acting
+ The voice acting is appreciated but it certainly isn't anything groundbreaking. It rarely shows up and isn't entirely compelling. It certainly didn't have any all-stars on the cast. NOTE: I played with ENG audio, I do not know where this game was based in, nor the other languages it covers.

---{ Audience }---
☐ Kids
☑ Teens
☑ Adults
☐ Grandma

-+ Definitely intended for older teens and younger adults, not technically explicit but suggestive in art as well as text.

---{ Grind }---
☐ Nothing to grind
☐ Only if you care about leaderboards/ranks
☐ Isn't necessary to progress
☑ Average grind level
☐ Too much grind
☐ You'll need a second life for grinding

- It is borderline DRAINING to try and keep yourself on the game, at least it was for me. You can romance multiple characters at a time (with no possible consequence I might add,) so you're able to grind out multiple plots/relationships at once. The currency of the game is "diamonds", earned by leveling up relationships and spent on responses that will allow you to become closer to the characters, reveal photos, and unlock audio messages. It is incredibly hard to be engaged in the stories all at once, especially if you get bored of waiting for one of the characters to respond and start-up 7 more conversations while waiting.
- If you want to unlock everything, you're going to need diamonds, so you either have to grind your diamonds up or pay, OR you can do what I did, which was use the APK linked above, after turning it on, the APK will give you unlimited diamonds every time you spend or game diamonds, so if you aim to unlock all you can without paying, the APK is the way to go.

---{ Story }---
☐ No Story
☐ Some lore
☑ Average
☐ Good
☐ Lovely
☐ It'll replace your life

+ There is a whole lot of story, too much honestly! It's impressive just how much text is in this game, its certainly thorough and worked on extensively
- However, the writing... isn't all that good. Especially for some routes. Whether it's completely agitating characters or just unreasonable writing, the game pissed me off at many corners. Some characters were entirely black and white and fluctuated between them every millisecond. There's a tendency of "tsundere" characters going from wanting you dead to wanting you to sleep with you WAY too fast. You think you'll make progress with someone and then you feel like you're back 4 relationship levels because they'll only talk about how much they hate you.
- There are quite a bit of typos. I can't blame the devs too hard for this. There is a lot of text, and there's always bound to be some typos, but there were more than your average game.
- As I mentioned before, I don't know the game's country of origin, but sometimes the phrasing was very awkward and read as if it was poorly translated into English. I have no idea if this is the case, but it should be mentioned nonetheless.
- I dislike the continuity of this game. You are essentially a different character for each relationship. In one relationship you're struggling with a roommate, then in another, you're living alone with your cat, who is also a man (i don't know, don't ask), and so on and so forth. It feels... stupid? Like the devs broke their own laws of the game, it's very immersion-breaking and a pretty cop-out way to deal with so many different stories. It's probably one of the more annoying things about the game to me. So yes, you can date multiple characters, but that's only because you're living 100 different lives with the same name.

---{ Price }---
☑ It's free!
☐ Worth the price
☐ If it's on sale
☐ If you have some spare money left
☐ Not recommended
☐ You could also just burn your money

Would you recommend this to other users? Personally? No. Unless you're REALLY desperate for a connection to fictional characters, it's not worth the time. The characters are generally boring and have unfulfilling plots or 2d personalities. There are a whole lot more dating games you could play. Basically anything you find on Itch.io would be better or about the same in quality as well.

I'm not one for a whole lot of romance tropes but if you like a game that allows you to date multiple at once, go for it! The characters are diverse and well-designed, if you're not picky about the writing, go ahead and try it out! But it's not a game for me.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐