LGBTQ+ Community

A safe place for all members of the LGBTQ+ community to discuss events and issues related to LGBTQ+, such as coming out, self-confidence etc.

Quick Overview

Category
TV
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

My transgender story so far…

URBEX Squad

"You can be my wingman anytime"
Member for 3 years
Hi Y'all! My name's Emily and I set up this group. Emily, as some of you maybe aware, is not currently my legal name but the name I'm choosing to go by as I transition from male to female. Anyways, before I start this post I want to make you all aware that I will NOT be tolerating any and I mean any hate speech, abuse, racism, discrimination or otherwise harmful behaviour in this group. You will be kicked if I see any going around so please report any to me 😊.

Anyways, as you're probably aware by now (if you've been paying attention), I'm transgender. Recently I came out to my friends and family. My friends were very supportive, however, my family were not so.

Went off on a tangent there, but here's my story and experiences so far...

I knew I was trans when I was around 6 years old. I didn't like masculine stuff that the other boys played with, like action figures and fire trucks. In fact, I didn't really like anything then. (You could say that was a non-binary trait, but my feminism came into play a bit later on). I preferred to sit around by myself, or with the other gender at school. Often I would find myself hanging around with the girls at school and I didn't realise at first that that was a sign of being trans. Hell, I made some really good friends back then and a few of us are still in touch 🙂.

Fast forward a few years to around 10 years old. This was when I really, really started to experience gender dysphoria. I'd often come home from school, look in the mirror and be like"this isn't the right body, I'm not who I'm supposed to be". I also had started to dress up in feminine clothes by this point, and I was often wearing makeup. This is also, unfortunately, when I started to get bullied for it. The bullying started roughly around the same time when, to my parents' displeasure, I accidentally wore makeup to school. I was ridiculed by all the boys, telling me things like "oh look at him dressing like a girl, he doesn't deserve to be part of this school" or "we don't like transgender people in this school, keep out". I found my sanctuary among, you guessed it, the opposite gender again. Though not all were accepting of me. This carried on until I was around 13, having experienced many transphobic attacks during those years. Once I came home after being kicked and punched on the street.

When I was 13 my parents finally caved in and got me to the doctors about my gender dysphoria. They put me on hormone blockers. I turned 16 this year. They've just put me on pills to grow b****** (you can probably guess what without reading anything) and I'll be having surgery when I'm 18 to get a v***** (you can probably guess that too). I'm currently in the process of LEGALLY changing my name to Emily, and legally changing my gender to female.

So, my name is Emily, and I'm transgender Female. It's been a long journey and it isn't over yet. I've been on my medication 3 months, my skin has gone soft and my nipples are hurting so much, it's actually unbearable. I think it's working 🤣

NOTE: I shortened my life down for this post, this only a few things i've experienced

"In a world where you can be anything, be kind"

~ Emily ~

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
I can't relate, and this is a bit late, but how's being a trans female going, Emily? I sincerely hope you're doing great now.