Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

New RP Story: New York City

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
"I'd be glad to dance with you," she said taking his hand. The music changed from a waltz to a tango. She smiled a bit to herself as he took her into his arms.
He stepped backward and she followed him with a little flourish. She smiled at him as he saw her move and took that as a challenge.
They sped up, and used eachother's moves as a guide for their own next action.
She smiled happily at him. "So you dance?" she asked as he pulled her close, and then twirled her back.
He lifted her slightly and spun her once more, before pushing her backward.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Their dance was magnetic. Each move he made, she followed perfectly.
He pulled her body back against his, and dipped her low just as the song ended.
His face was just a few inches from hers. Never before had he found a dance partner who complimented his moves so well.
"As do you," he said with a smile. "I miss the blue," he added

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
"The black is only temporary," she said with a smile as he lifted her back to her feet. She stumbled a little and he caught her body against his. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment. The tension was so thick it could be cut with a knife.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
In a moment's notice, he pressed his lips to hers, seizing the opportunity. In his arms, she went limp with shock. A moment later, her lips responded to his with just as much affection and care. She pulled back gently and the gravity of their kiss weighed down on them. "I - uh," he started but before he could finish, a woman dressed in all black appeared.

Before he could respond, to their kiss, or say anything to the woman, she slapped him in the face, and stormed off.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Shocked, Tabitha froze. Before Eric could say anything, she blurted out, "I-I'm Sorry, I have to go!"
She took off instantly, losing him in the crowd as she searched for Ari.
Without any luck, she rushed for the doors to the ballroom and left.
Wiping a hurt tear from her eye, she ran outside the hotel and flagged down a cab.
She gave the driver the address for her work. If she worked all night, she could forget tonight ever happened.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
"Tabitha wait!" he called, but she was already gone.
He turned to the woman standing in front of him. "What was that for? We broke up six months ago?" he asked, rubbing his cheek gently.
"I did it to accomplish exactly what I did, she's gone," Mary, his ex smirked as she walked off.

Quickly, he found Ari in the crowd. He explained everything that had just happened to her and asked if she knew where Tabitha would have gone.

"She'd go to her happy place," she said over the music. "The office. Head over there, and I will call security and tell them to let you up."
"Thank you," he said as he took off.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
She sat at her desk in her office and booted up her laptop. As it loaded, she moved into Ari's office and grabbed her messenger bag. She quickly changed back into her Converse sneakers and returned to her computer. She tucked her legs underneath her and wiped another stray tear. She peeled off her adhesive mask and pulled the pins out of her hair, allowing the curly locks to fall at her shoulders. Just then, she heard a noise outside her office. "ARI GO Away!," she yelled out, throwing a stress ball through the open door. She knew it wasn't her friend's fault, but Ari DID force her to go. She knew if Ari came in, she would make her talk about it, and that was the last thing she wanted to do. She simply wanted to work on the drafts for her next few articles.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
"I'm not Ari," a familiar voice called out. In walked Eric, holding the stress ball. "And you have a wicked arm." She looked stunned. He was the last person she expected to see.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
"What are you doing here? What do you want? If I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to compliment my arm, you may find yourself acquainted with it," she said looking back down at her computer and beginning to type again. "Don't you have a girlfriend to talk to?"

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
"I don't have a girlfriend," he said stepping forward and smiling at her sadly. "That was my ex. She hasn't quite understood the fact that she and I will never be together again."
He walked closer to her, careful not to upset her further. He could see how much this situation was affecting her and he could kick himself for it.
He never wanted to hurt her. "Please just give me a chance to prove to you that I only have eyes for you."

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
"If that's the case, then I fear for your eyes, they must be blind," she said sarcastically without looking up. She continued to type furiously, without looking up at him. "Besides, you didn't even know who I was until tonight, Mr. Langford. The spell will wear off just as quickly as the temporary dye in my hair."

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
"Don't speak about yourself as if you don't matter," he said reaching out to place his hand on her shoulder. When she didn't pull away, he pulled her to her feet and positioned her so that her eyes stared back into his. "Never make yourself seem less than you are. I am not interested in you because of the mask you put up to shield yourself. I am interested in that big beautiful brain of yours. I have been following your work for a long time, Tabitha. I want to get to know you, see what drives you. I've never danced with someone who dances like you."

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
"I don't matter, Mr. Langford. If you hadn't run into me in the alley way, we never would have met. I don't belong as part of your world. You see balls, and boardrooms as a normal thing. I live on comic books and bad 80's movies. We are just too different," she replied defiantly, staring into his eyes. It killed her to turn him away, her stomach flipping as a result of her nerves.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
"Don't call me that, it sounds so cold. Call me Eric," he spoke, holding her around her waist and pulling her closer. "That is not all I see. I see a beautiful minded woman standing before me. One who has built her own life and worked for everything, yet feels that she deserves nothing. Let me care for you, let me court you. Let me show you that I am not the person you think I am."

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
In a moment, he pulled her flush against him and pressed his lips to hers. It was only for a moment, but felt like an eternity in the best of ways.
She was so responsive, and perfect. He wanted this moment to last forever, and he could tell his sentiment was not only his own.
He pulled back, begrudgingly, wanting nothing more to keep kissing her, to hold her.
"You cannot tell me you did not feel that."

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
She gasped for air and stared back into his eyes. "Eric.. I - I just don't know. I have been hurt so many times, I just don't know if I can open up like that again. I don't think I'm ready," she said painfully. "This is just all so messy. I don't know. I want to, but-"

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
"Give me five dates, not counting tonight. Allow yourself the chance to get to know me and me the chance to really know you. We can spend a little time together in between too, but give me those five formal dates. I think you will find we have more in common than you think," he said, his arms still around her. She nodded softly, and he kissed her cheek. Then they were interrupted by her stomach growling.