Newbie in modding questions

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,331,405 happy users since 2014.
Register

CloeNi

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hello!! So i decided to slowly try to do this. I always liked cheating in games and found it exciting and fascinating!
I am reading the basics at Sbenny tut but i have some question that google couldn't answer. (Or i'm not searching right)
So, if i may, i will make this thread a general questionnaire of my ongoing route in modding.

First question...are the apks which do not have a bin file in their assets hackable? and if yes how? Is there a another tutorial for this?

Thanks for any answers in advance and i hope i'm not being silly or something :confused::):rocket:

johnkittz

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
you mean the bin folder? if it isn't made within unity then you can hack by smali editing or iso editing with IDA.
Post automatically merged:

some unity games will be made with il2cpp which also need ida to hack the iso.

CloeNi

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Oh ok thank you for your answer!!!
I think it's far more difficult than i expected but i will look into it whenever i have some more free time.
It is fascinating really!

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
if you check lib folder that will give you an idea. If you find lib2cpp.so game is unity engine made but it needs different modding technique than 'normal' unity game editing where you edit Assembly-CSharp.dll. So if you have libunity.so in your lib folder its a unity game, then you have unreal engine games with something like this libUE4.so which requires different approach. In unity game you can also hack assets rather than dll, which might be easier way but not always, depends on game and security. Start with easy games and try different things, without trying you cant succeed.

cadetrama

In Love Lv4️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
Hi! I am also trying to learn how to mod!

@kryo Hi! I look into the lib folder of the apk I am trying to mod and I see this libcocos2dlua.so
Is this a unity game?
I am also trying to look for tutorials online for this type of apk but it seems I cannot find it.
Hope someone could make a tutorial for this.

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
Sadly cocos games are not easy to mod. Should try different game.

CloeNi

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
I guess if you are a programmer all are much simpler than someone that has no idea how even html works. But i worths the try :)
Thank you for all the info! Half of them sound chinese to me at this point but i'll bring it around :p