💬 Review Once upon a time in Hollywood

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,336,960 happy users since 2014.
Register

Goldensn

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Once upon a time in Hollywood

It's one of Quentin Tarantino's latest movie. It takes on interesting turn by using the Mason family murder in it's narrative. That narrative itself being centred around a middle aged actor and his stunt double.

Review:
Well,first as always,with Quentin Tarantino we can't exactly expect a typical commercial movie. The story itself is quite interesting ,it reflects a bit on a middle aged man fears of dying out and being replaced by someone younger. This being a possible dilemma for Quentin Tarantino himself. Plus,this movie takes Hollywood's golden age as the setting and reference it perfectly .whether it's in the movies made at the time or a twist on the Mason family incident. And of course like any Tarantino movie. It ends with one hell of an action scene.Not for the faint of heart.it's also a dialogue driven kind of story but brand pit and leonardo DiCaprio played there role with perfection, I wouldn't expect anything else. It does involve some grafic content but generally it's very peaceful until the end. It's where everything reaches its conclusion. All off the initial conflict get somewhat resolved and we also see the other idea of moving on,forward.And that is clearly seen by the fact that the stunt man is the only one hurt and we can see him being taken by the ambulance, him being the cowboy stuck in the past,while the actor goes back home and eventually meets his famous director neighbor.In that scene we can also clearly see the rupture of the partnership between these two characters that have been inseparable throughout the entire movie.

Would you recommend this to other users? Well,honestly it depends on you.If you feel like a dialogue centred narrative is your thing ,I definitely recommend. And of course the directing is incredibly the way the movie is assembled leave nothing to desire. Also ,if you're a fan of Hollywood golden age,you will definitely appreciate the well placed references .tho I have to say,as someone who watched all of the movies directed by Quentin Tarantino, I wouldn't say it's his best.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐