Recommend to me games with female protagonist, please.

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,791 happy users since 2014.
Register

Lil mushroom

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
So I just played Digimon Story: Cyber sleuth as female protagonist and the story is great--big fan of Digimon franchise.

I don't usually pay attention to gender of the main character but if I have a chance I like to play as female (I'm a girl!). Moreover, I don't have a lot of expectations about playing as female on this type of games but I really, really, seriously hope that allowing us to choose a gender makes an actual difference of the dialogue.

But have an NPC calls out to my character in DGCS saying that I am in dire need of sexy blowup female dolls, or that a childhood friend did not even hesitate to punch me in the face despite being a girl is difficult to accept. It hurts.. XD

So now, I can't move on on that experience. I want to play an rpg games with female character that actually treat me as one. I don't mind otome games though preferably I hope there other aspects such as stat-raising, minigames, etc.

I played fire emblem series, otomate, some renpy games, tales series, and many more. I'm running out of games.. T-T

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Well Any preferred Genre and Platform ?

rachelz

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 3 years
Have you ever played any Lara Croft games? I know it is veery different from Digimon, but if you like female lead video games you could check it out :)

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
For PC i suggest Nier: Automata

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Have you ever played any Lara Croft games? I know it is veery different from Digimon, but if you like female lead video games you could check it out :)
I agree if you want PC games and like story based action based try tomb raider series , you will not regret.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
You can try a game called 'Control'

Lil mushroom

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Preferably pc games but I can play via android, emulators, nintendo switch and ps3..

Lil mushroom

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
I did play Lara Croft series and enjoyed it. And Nier 2.. But it's not something I like to play again.. especially Nier, it so dark.. I haven't tried Control yet although I remember seeing it before.. Unless I saw there is an element of horror or psychological thriller.. I'm not very much fan of gore, even I like the story.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
you can try Assassins creed syndicate and Assassins creed odyssey as well, you can choose your gender in these.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
@Lil mushroom tried Half life Alyx or Bright Memory ? I dont know if you like Zombie game or not , if yes you can try Walking Dead SE2 and Resident Evil 3.

Lil mushroom

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
I tried Assassins Creed before, too. And Dragon Age, as well. Unfortunately, those are the first recommendations when I searched via google. Similar to Resident Evil, Parasite Eve and other horror games. I like these but can't finished it as it scared the life out of me.

I haven't checked out Half-life Alyx or Bright Memory.. Will look into them.

Other console games are welcome, as well. I don't mind old school games or rpg maker games. Although, I think I ran most of those games but there maybe something out of radar, perhaps.

Psiphon

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
@Lil mushroom These are just some from of the top of my head

Bayonetta
Nier: Automa
Celeste
Any Shantae game
Any Tomb Raider game
Any Metroid game
Any Touhou game

jihyonh

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hmm...I'll recommend casual tactic battle games.

Summon night series (probably will have to start from 3, the title that got them fame. Don't worry I don't know about the 2nd title but 1 wasn't that fun)
Fire Emblem series (Shadow dragon remake, Awakening, If, Three houses)
Persona 3 Portable (PSP game)

Lil mushroom

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Ohh.. I like your recommendations, though, I had played them all..

But maybe, I'll play them again, especially, the Summon Night series.. I really like the Swordcraft Story ones.. the linear battle mixed with crafting is cool. It makes me remember the Atelier series but on those games, I prefer the one with time limit..

I have long standing affair with Fire Emblem, mostly with Awakening.. I like P3P, unfortunately, the only Persona game with female protagonist, unless, you'll count the mobile game.

jihyonh

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Ohh.. I like your recommendations, though, I had played them all..

But maybe, I'll play them again, especially, the Summon Night series.. I really like the Swordcraft Story ones.. the linear battle mixed with crafting is cool. It makes me remember the Atelier series but on those games, I prefer the one with time limit..

I have long standing affair with Fire Emblem, mostly with Awakening.. I like P3P, unfortunately, the only Persona game with female protagonist, unless, you'll count the mobile game.
Swordcraft Story...come to think of it, I never got myself to finish it. I liked the battle as well, just that the characters didn't really appeal to me.
I came back to recommend one game I forgot to mention.
Avalon Code. Grainy NDS game graphic but it was made with love, you can tell.

Lil mushroom

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
What a coincidence, I'm playing Avalon Code right now. XD..
I did play it before but I remember not finishing the game because my primary love interest, Anwar, blown away or something when my supposedly best friend, Rex, stole my book.

I have Honkai Impact installed on my pc but between Mihoyo games, I prefer Genshin Impact. HonkIm's story was nice but the graphics was too fan servicey for me.

neetname

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Rune factory 4 is pretty good, you can also play as female protagonist in Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on case you didn't know, but it's better if you play the first Persona 2 before that one.

D

Deleted member 56303

Dragon Age :):):)

i just may have a tiny obsession with this series

As for visual novels, there are tons of VNs with stat raising properties, especially ones by Winter Wolves (Nicole, Queen of Thieves, Planet Stronghold etc) or Sake Visuals (Backstage Pass, Alistair++)

fennyhenny

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Dragon Age and Mass Effect are really great! You can play as a female in both ofc. I'm a sucker for games where you can make a lot of choices and they actually matters so both these series have been my faves. The stories are great, the side stuff is rly fun. The companions feel like real friends and their personal scenes can be super sweet. I've finished both MA&DA games a while back but I still can't get over stuff that happened there, thats how I know I played a good game sdjfjf. Also if you ever decide to play Dragon Age Inquisiton I'd suggest getting a mod for eyebrows because the vanilla ones are dreadful ;-;
Cursed Lands is a fun game as well. Its a vn mixed with an rpg, theres even a nice lil character creation at the start. As much as I remember from playing it, nobody there really comments on the mc's gender, but a couple of romance options are same-sex only. The same studio has a bunch of other cool games so if you're ok with the style of this one, but want a different kind of story you could check them out ^^
And some otomes with a stat system are Dandelion - Wishes brought to you - & Royal Alchemist. After the first route in Dandelion I was turning into a puddle lmao, but yea it is a bit different from other otomes. Sadly I didn't get to try out Royal Alchemist yet, but I've heard only good things about it while lurking 😎