💬 Review Rise of Skywalker

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,323 happy users since 2014.
Register

Ryysee

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Rise of Skywalker

The newest addition to the star was cinematic universe. Its star wars but with worse writtng

Review:
Messy conclusion. This feels like a remake of Return of the Jedi. Safe filmmaking, with zero gambles. The first hour is tough, really tough to sit through. We're suppose to swallow a villain has been alive this whole time without any explanation. Things do ramp up towards the end, but Abrams and Disney have really nailed the coffin shut here. Uninspired and meaningless film, and it's a shame. The storyline is tedious and a stepping stone for the so called fanboy groups that called The Last Jedi a mess. This is a real mess. It's a shame Rian Johnson didn't write and direct this trilogy. This film has forced story beats, nothing flows. It's all for fan service, essentially box office glorification, Lucas never did this. Where's the risks? Disappointing conclusion after the great work done in The Last Jedi. What happened to the spark to ignite the rebels? What happened to the child at the end of the last film? Too many holes, and characters left to the side. Finn is here for no real reason. I wasn't a giant fan of the remake of Last Hope by Abrams, but at least it had some originality with set pieces. Disney's influence was obviously too much here.

Would you recommend this to other users? If your a fan of star wars it's okay but if your not it's not worth it.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐

jh72

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I loved the movie it is worth paying to go see it especially if you're a star wars fan I think you will be pleased I'd rate this a 4