SB Point Weekends Mystery Edition! 03/05/2023

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,171 happy users since 2014.
Register

Who killed Murdoch?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Active User
Member for 5 years
Welcome to The SB Point Mystery Event!

Decipher the mystery of the week and you will have a chance of getting picked and winning a random amount of SB Points!

Winner's Reward

200 SB Points

Reward for Non-Winners

25 SB Points

Requirements to enter!

- 20+ Messages/Post Counts;
- Like the main post to confirm your participation;
- Cast your vote in the poll.

Rules

I. Discussion is welcome and encouraged, but stay focused on the mystery of the week. If you are uncertain, create a thread or send me a message.
II. Not liking the post will disqualify you from the contest.

READ THE RULES

Mystery of the week

🔒 Hidden content
You need to Register or Login in order to view this content. Since you're viewing the AMP-accelerated version of our website which doesn't store login cookies, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the "View Non-AMP Version" button first, thanks!

Timer

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Last edited:

Anaxagoras

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Well, Jeremiah Murdoch and Eli Murdoch are not the same man.

Marshal Stele was the only place where Eli Murdoch was directly mentioned, but only as a noteworthy character that he believed deserved to be brought to justice, and may have considered taking it into his own hands. I'm not sure if he did it, or if he is a red herring.

McKean possibly worked for "Murdoch" (likely Eli, but perhaps also Jeremiah Murdoch) terrorizing landowners out of their place, and he did not want the railway coming closer to the city, so he was unlikely to help Woods and/or Bear.

I think Jeremiah Woods' gamble was to convince Crazy Bear that moving the railway closer to his dying city (which would benefit him) would also stop it from crossing the natives' territory (which would benefit Crazy Bear's people). And thus, Woods suggested Eli Murdoch's death, who by surname might be related to Jeremiah Murdoch, and who also worked for the Union Pacific railway company, might steer Jeremiah Murdoch's hand into approving the route deviation, even if it meant more expenses, through intimidation. Crazy Bear personally pulled the trigger, using Eli's own guns, as poetic justice since those were used to kill natives.

Which means despite Woods being the brains of the crime, the one who "killed Eli Murdoch" was likely Crazy Bear.

That or Marshal Stele was the killer and everything else was a red herring ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Active User
Member for 5 years
Oops, it's indeed the same man, I must have forgot to add his full name. Jeremiah Eli Murdoch. My bad.

Both the victim and one of the suspects is also called Jeremiah. I'm gonna change the suspect to just J. Woods to avoid confusion.

Shadow Of Marethyu

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
Trying to determine motive and outcomes...
Two people seem to have the most successful outcome
Crazy bear who obviously wants to protect the land.
And Woods who wants the town to regain it's glory

Given that Crazy did in fact opt for courtroom battle indicates he ain't so crazy and prone to violence as a quick option..
Sherif doesn't seem the type to gets his hands directly involved either

It seems Johnny McKean should have the most motive against the rail coming to devil springs... except that line about local ruffians being hired for security..
Perhaps some offsite deal with the sheriff to deal with Murdoch in exchange for relatively whitewashed ids?
Or it could be the Marshal who did the deed but had a deal with the sheriff and became security , it doesn't really fit his rule upholder nature but maybe?
Perhaps I'm overthinking.

secretbunker

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Richest VIPs
Member for 7 years
Well, well, well....
Things appear to be headed in the right direction.
Later peeps, be safe out there.
A significant number of very evil people walk amongst us.

sherrys

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Here we go!

Ventur

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Based on the information provided, it is difficult to determine with certainty who the killer is. However, if forced to choose one based on the given information, it is possible that Johnny McKean is the most likely suspect. He has a motive to stop the railway as it would bring unwanted attention to his criminal activities, and he has a history of violence and criminal behavior. Additionally, the fact that Murdoch was killed using one of his own weapons, which suggests a personal connection between the killer and Murdoch, may indicate that it was someone who knew him well, such as someone who had worked with him in the past, as McKean may have.

Kenobin

SB Cartel Max Level
✌️ Community Team
From the Hell
☠️ Pirate
Special Guest
🎮 Testing Team
Verified 18+ user
⭐ Unlimited Access ⭐
Member for 1 year
Johnny McKean

darka0101

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Hello i dont no who is kill

I originally went for Crazy Bear but I doubted he would walk into Murdoch's office, I think it was J.Woodz I had in mind, because usually people are the best of all bad things that are neatly hidden,

Status
Not open for further replies.