Serious Question - What do you guys & gals think about the game developer company - Kotobuki Solutions or popularly known as Kemco?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,891 happy users since 2014.
Register

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
For me, the company is like a time machine which I stumbled upon be accident and became a fan of within a day.
It was 2019-2020, I had (still have & use) a cheap android phone with 1 GB RAM & 8 GB storage and was just wasting my time going through the Google play & I suddenly saw a JRPG game by Namco that was free. First I thought it was not a JRPG but a gacha game and so checked the description of the game and then I found out it was not by Namco but a company called Kemco. I never heard of it before, though I will give it a try, the game was RPG Machine Knight. Story was average (a bit cliche with the over affection from one of the female characters from the beginning for no reason. Heck, she didn't even know who the protagonist was and what was his real objective) battle was like DQ1 & DQ2 (emeny staring at you while you enter commands to your party for action or flee) but it also had Final Fantasy X's skill matrix, that's what blew my mind.
I was able to complete the game (did not get the generally considered canon ending by the fans on my first try) without any purchase and saw that they had multiple JRPGs like this and they were in 2 versions Premium & Freemium (First time I ever heard the term). I tried some of them and once again I was able to finish the Freemium ones without any app purchase.
The games had advertisement pop-ups so, if you were connected to the internet you would get advertisement after every 10 mins. So, if I tried closing my internet connection and did not get any pop-up that internet connection is required for this game and was able to play the full game without any add. So, yeah I was amazed.
So, I started digging and came to know that this company Kotobuki solutions / Kemco has existed since 1984 so older than Bandai Namco (Namco formed in 2006) and even Square (Square formed in 1986) I couldn't believe Kemco existed before Namco & Square but I never heard of it) and have been making games ever since.
It also has it own game series like Square, Namco & Enix named - Alphadia or the Alphadia series. 4 of which are in Premium version only in the Google Play store and 3 more were released for Japanese Symbian phones only.
When it was rising in popularity in Japan it tired to reach out to the west by making 2 Batman games which failed miserably thus destroying its footing the western gaming market and so just stuck to Japan only (I think that's why I never heard of this company one before).
Currently, it has only 140 employees and pumps out 4 to 5 JRPGs each year in Premium & Freemium edition every year now.
The Kemco games also have a decent, dedicated & growing fanbase with a Kemco games only website created by the fans who give proper reviews, complete walkthroughs, tips & strategies.
Since, I was always an old school JRPG fan so this was like a breath of fresh air for me and now I am completely head over heels for Kemco games and play all the Freemium games on the first day of their release.
Kemco reignited my childhood crush of JRPG games which I though was lost in the era of 60 GB PC & PlayStation remake games.

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
Damm all my threads are dead from the beginning..........:cry:
Post automatically merged:

That's it I will use this to give my reviews of the Kemco games I played.

Last edited:

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
Symphony of Eternity (Felt like I was playing as the Elric brothers from FullMetal Alchemist)
Story - AWESOME just awesome
Difficulty - Tough, extra mechanics come late in the game so, you have to grind them levels before going to a boss fight.
Maps - Basic mini-map but with no indicators so, you will have keep track of the paths you take and have a good sense of direction to find the way
Drop-Rate - Bad, spend coin as soon a possible to get items which will increase drop rate or steal chance.
Music - Awesome, could listen to it & go sleep and have pleasant dreams.

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
Rusted Emeth (Split Screen RPG Battle + Bot Parts Management)
Story - Good Story. Not too generic RPG story set in a futuristic world, where people use powerful armored exoskeletons.
Difficulty - Tough but not too tough. You have to grind and I mean grind hard those powerful armored exoskeletons ain't gonna heal / upgrade themselves, you will have to upgrade them by buying the latest & best parts. There are lots of options / builds to choose from so before you head to a new zone you must do you must get know what type of enemies are there and which weapon counters them. If the armored exoskeletons are destroyed, they are gone for good so, have to be extra careful and save a lot.
Maps - Basic world-map with lenthy mini-map / zone map but with no indicators so, you will have keep track of the paths you take and have a good sense of direction to find the way
Drop-Rate - Average, if lucky can even get rare weapons too.
Music - Good futuristic tune.

vai811

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 7 years
Asdivine series are pretty good in my opinion. Played all of them and yeah this series puts a special place in my heart.
Storyline: Great, somehow the stories are connected to each series.
Map: Adjustable, you can toggle the mini-map size to large, small or nothing, it helps a lot.
Battle System:
-Asdivine Saga: like the usual battle system (no unique feature) since this is the actual first asdivine series that got remade/reworked. But its good.
-Asdivine Hearts 1&2: quite good with adding cubes/gems (idk the name i forgot) as skills.
-Asdivine Dios, Menace and Cross: The best battle system IMO with Unison skill (combining each character skills/magic to create a new one).
-Asdivine Kamura: good with the aid of supporting character (in that game there's a character that won't join you in battle but will support you with their abilities instead.
Music: Somehow relaxing when you enter a village/town, dungeon music is good, and battle music is great, especially boss battles.
Difficulties: Adjustable, depends on how you want to play the game.
You can gain trust level (romance point) with your allies on some occasion or by using a special item (get it through guild shop or IAP). Each of the characters have their own romance ending, or even a harem lol.

Playing order:
1. Asdivine Saga
2. Asdivine Hearts
3. Asdivine Hearts 2
4. Asdivine Dios
5. Asdivine Menace
6. Asdivine Cross
7. Asdivine Kamura

Thanks for your attention. Sorry if i write way too long 🤣

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
No problem.
Thanks for giving your feedback.
I am happy that they are updating all the old Japanese Asdivine games for android in English.

I just wish they would do the same for the Alphaida series as well. They have not yet released the 3 remaining Alphaida games in english for over in the last 6 years.

RadhiN

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
in my case, this was my list game i already installed and ready to play... even almost all of them is mod game from this community and another site...
- asdivine saga
- bond of the skies
- chroma quaternion
- dimension cross
- revenant dogma
- fernz gate, glorious savior, heirs of the king, machine knight, onigo hunter, seek hearts, ambition record, asdivine kamura, ghost sync, liege dragon, miden tower, ruinverse...
but, sadly i had no time to play those game... only seek hearts and revenant dogma cleared... asdivine hearts 1 and 2 still not installed...
in my opinion, the game story is good enough with their creativity and its interisting to play since all of them is playable in offline...
.... it hard to believe if all the game is staying in my phone for long time without had time to play it, even to open the game....

ShishkaBerry

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I've heard of Symphony of Eternity but not the rest, I'll have to look them up. Thanks for all the info!

Tunak23

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Kemco huh?
Know them for the Asdivine saga and their habits of selling free mobile Rpg games into Psn/eshop as paid games(sometimes releasing collections of free games as such), they have their lights and shadows but are also incredibly opportunistic which I believe makes them a tad more greedy than other developers out there, thanks to the mods around here many good games became even better to play.

My favourite of theirs is "Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom" but also "Machine Knight" but there are plenty of gems to mention as well as other eh rushed experiences.

Also cannot forget the classic "Sword of Hope" GB RPG that honestly didn't know that it was theirs but a piece of entertainment worthy of nostalgia, Kemco truly has been a stepping stone of the gaming industry capable of the best and mediocre.

Last edited: