💬 Review Sordwin: The Evertree Saga (Thom Baylay) by Ach69

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,330,622 happy users since 2014.
Register

Mrach31

✨Your Daddy✨
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Sordwin: The Evertree Saga (Thom Baylay)

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): Sordwin 1.1.2 Mod Menu Mod apk

Sordwin: The Evertree Saga is an interactive novel with 440,000 words in it by Thom Baylay. A story of a desperate traveler that just can't mind their own bussiness.

Review:
Come to think of it, every Hero is pretty nosy aren't they?

Sordwin: The Evertree Saga is the sequel and the "done it right" version of Evertree Inn: The Evertree Saga.
I didn't put that much faith in this sequel to be honest, but it surprised me how different it felt from the first book, it's well done(ly) written, and I really love it!

If you start the game from the scratch without using your saved game before, or because simply you skip the book here's the step of the character creation. (Basically the same from the previous game except the order of the question)
-First You'll choose what race you want to be, You can choose between 5 races which is Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Brownies(?). Each of em have their own advantage and disadvantage, except human who's more of a jack of all trade but master to none traits.
-Now, you will decide your background that'll give you a boost for a certain attributes, and where you come from will be decided by your choice here
-And then you'll get a sub option by choosing your aspiration to boost your second attribute that you want.
-In this flashback you'll be told a tragedy that killed most of your family, and you'll be asked which family you treasure the most between Mother, Father, Brother, or Sister
-Then, You have a new opportunity after hearing some news, here You'll choose what kind of opprtunity You get (I'm sorry I don't remember if this affect anything or not)
-After that, You'll be asked by a Dwarf what do you want to be called, either a Sir (man), Miss (Woman), Neither (Non Binary). Your option is limited here not like the previous book where you can costumize on how You want to be called.
-And then, the Dwarf will ask your first and family name.
-Then, You can choose your eyes color, and your body type right after, and your hair color.
-Now You'll be asked your preference wether you want to meet a handsome guy, pretty lady, or both.
-Finally you can choose your prefered melee weapon, or pick none if You prefer just using bare hand and bow.

The game almost perfectly delivered on every single aspect that is suppose to be there,
what makes it VERY different from its sequel is that how they make the plot works, Thom make it clear from early that there might be a magical or supernatural interference that cause the chaos on the island, the set is awesome, the suspense is there, the horror of the mystery is there, when I discover what happened to the kid that become the victim, I actually clasp my hand to my mouth in horror in reflect, and the fun thing is that clasping your hand to your mouth is actually one of the option our mc can choose in the game lol, that was really amazing, and that is the moment when I knew I'm going to love this game..

The skills is twice as complex since they separate the main skills into 2 sub skill each, and its complexity can be a pain to manage, but fun at the same time! (Except you're using the MOD Menu function on the skills ofc, that'll make your character too overpowered).

The character development with Your new companion (the Elf), and your love interest from the inn (if You bring anyone) in this game felt way better, because there's a real teamwork from the very first time till the end, there's TRUE communication, not just flirting with each other all day. Maybe except the captain, since we barely talk 😒.

Too bad the book is pretty short, it'd easily be my top 10 if it was made longer..
My criticism is that I think the mystery could be made harder to solve, because I actually able to solve it on my first run, and save everyone :/
I still can't kill Capt. Winter with my own hand tho! How dare he put a knife on my Leah's neck! 😡 Idk if it's because my prowess isn't high enough or if it's because of the plot, (I haven't replay this game with my other save game on "Evertree Inn") but I have a feeling he'd make another appearance on the on going book "Lux: City of Lie" (I think that's the name if I remember correctly).

Well overall, this book is really amazing, I appreciate how Thom able to turn things around from the Evertree inn tragedy to this awesome book.
The sequel of this book is called "Lux: City Of Secrets" It has the biggest maps so far from the Evertree Saga, and there's uh... quite interesting stuff I wanna mention from that game, which I will review next time!

Would you recommend this to other users? Very much yes, the improvement from its predecessor is quite significant!

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited:

Mrach31

✨Your Daddy✨
Member for 4 years
whoops I made a little mistake there, saying "what makes it VERY different from its sequel is that how they make the plot works"
I meant to say Prequel, the Evertree Inn book