💬 Review Tasty Town

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,329,538 happy users since 2014.
Register

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Tasty Town

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional):
Tasty Town - Apps on Google Play

Screenshot_20191116-125017_Tasty Town.jpg

Tasty Town is a game that allows you to buy and upgrade chefs to fill orders and design your own perfect restaurant. The more customers you serve, the more energy you earn to play a Diner Dash type of game that will earn you tokens for exclusive chefs.

Review:

When I first started playing Tasty Town, I was super excited because I thought it would be another City Builder type game. I absolutely love those games and I play them regularly.

tt.jpg

I liked the idea of playing one of these games that didn't just strictly take place on a farm or in a city. The setting of those just always seems so overdone. This one caught my eye because you can still farm ingredients, but there is also the ability to craft food dishes with those ingredients.

Screenshot_20191116-131935_Google.jpg

However, as I started the tutorial, I was pleasantly surprised. This wasn't just another farming game it was much more. In the beginning, you farm resources such as plants, vegetables, eggs, bacon or milk, and make food dishes with them at your various chef stations. Then, you serve those goods to customers to earn energy for the "Diner Dash" type minigame. Every three tables you serve, you get enough energy to play. This whole area is available for you to unlock and design however you like.

Screenshot_20191116-132147_Tasty Town.jpg

Then, once you enter the mini-game you have to rush to serve dishes as quickly as possible so that you can keep your customers happy. If they don't get their dishes quick enough, you fail the mini-game. The farther you get in the stages of the mini-game, the better the rewards become. For instance, right now I am earning chef tokens as well as building materials. :

Screenshot_20191116-125148_Tasty Town.jpg

Screenshot_20191116-125406_Google.jpg

You can either choose to wait and farm these materials to expand your town and restaurant or buy them with diamonds. Once you get to a high enough level to unlock a Chef's club (which is this game's version of an alliance) it becomes really easy to earn diamonds. Before that though, they can be kind of expensive. So far the best deal for diamonds is to purchase the "jar of diamonds" that earns up to 220 diamonds for serving tables. Once the jar is full you can purchase it and keep those 220 diamonds sort of like a piggy bank in other games.

22.jpg

Each weekend there is an event for a Chef's club that allows a group to work together to fill larger orders. Here are a few pictures of my chef's club's progress so far this week. It's a great way to have us all work together and it gets us all chatting with each other. It's a great way to earn exclusive rewards and still have fun doing it.

Screenshot_20191116-125614_Tasty Town.jpg

Screenshot_20191116-125617_Tasty Town.jpg

Would you recommend this to other users?

All in all, I would highly recommend this game to others. It is great for younger kids, and adults. Thee only downside is that the diamonds cost a bit too much if you are impatient like me and would like to buy them every once in a while instead of farming them. If there was a modded version of this game, I would totally be all over it.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐