The Great Tournament - Need help

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,331,517 happy users since 2014.
Register

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
Hey :( :|

I managed to get it modded and it worked through about half or so of the game but then an error pops up for some reason every time it gets to the war part saying it can't load one of the scenes - I've uploaded an image here.
I've been sitting here for a few hours reinstalling, remodding, comparing files and I have no idea why its not working...
The unmodded unlocked version works perfectly fine and can get through the whole game but when I try to test through the modded version it always comes up with that error.

What I mod is just the usual;
- Money
- Stats
- Skills
And with this one I've tried adding additional soldiers to the war scene and I've even tried it without the additional soldiers mod (first I tried it without but then whilst I was trying to fix the mod I noticed the soldiers part in the 'startup' file so thought I'd add soldiers and see if that works, too my surprise it did work.) still has the same error...
The error always pops up at the exact same part of the story, once I've made a deal/gotten the "wizard/mage" to join instead of his.. grandchildren? it says 'next chapter' I think or 'next'. Now it's suppose to say that a group a volunteers from another village came to join but instead an error pops up saying it cant load scenes/war.txt.json file...

I've tried deleting the security.php cos I don't know any languages, and just thought f**k it if theres a security measure doing it get rid of the whole thing... -it still worked exactly the same including the exact same error...

I've looked into the mygame.js thing and the nav includes the war scene. The war.txt war.txt.json look the same in the unlocked and modded version..

Can someone help this noob? :( :teary:

Clean Apk - http://usersdownload.com/3sug8h99popg.html
Unlocked Apk - http://usersdownload.com/dy9anz0u59n2.html
Mod Apk - http://usersdownload.com/0ockuzesqwpl.html

- D.P.

Attachments

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
In order to understand what causes the error, I suggest modding the game adding 1 feature at time, once you find the one which gives that error.

Once found, I'd start by decreasing the amount I set, as it could possible that the value you set was too high. Unfortunately it's not a cheat detection but a game crash. The message also gives you the position of the script which caused the crash. Unsure if that file /scenes/war.txt is in the .apk, but I think it is, and you should be able to locate the source of that error from that file, if the above method doesn't work.

Hope it helps.

PS: you're doing really good, I didn't expect you to learn modding so fast. I'm proud of you :)

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64993#p64993:1fxb1pwn]Sbenny » 3 minutes ago[/url] said:
In order to understand what causes the error, I suggest modding the game adding 1 feature at time, once you find the one which gives that error.

Once found, I'd start by decreasing the amount I set, as it could possible that the value you set was too high. Unfortunately it's not a cheat detection but a game crash. The message also gives you the position of the script which caused the crash. Unsure if that file /scenes/war.txt is in the .apk, but I think it is, and you should be able to locate the source of that error from that file, if the above method doesn't work.

Hope it helps.

PS: you're doing really good, I didn't expect you to learn modding so fast. I'm proud of you :)
Thanks SBenny! I realised I have A LOT to learn from Magium and this one as well as the fact that there are a lot of more complex modding methods... I think it will get harder for me cos I dont know how to program but I will try. :)

Infamous

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64993#p64993:3h3gnyvz]Sbenny » 3 minutes ago[/url] said:

Hope it helps.

Thanks SBenny! I realised I have A LOT to learn from Magium and this one as well as the fact that there are a lot of more complex modding methods... I think it will get harder for me cos I dont know how to program but I will try. :)
If u have modded from ida do a debug you will surely find out the error
here is the tutorial is live debugging android apps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d5TsuK8Y54
if you dint know how to do this here it is just easier way to mod same ad gdb for ios.

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
I'm new to modding. All I know how to mod is Choice of games and Hosted games which is quite simple and all it takes is Notepad ++ and paint but to be frank since I am new to modding there is a lot for me to learn and I would like to learn more though IDA, .net Reflector etc.

Infamous

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65092#p65092:3quucyyb]DarkPhantom » 6 minutes ago[/url] said:
@Infamous I'm new to modding. All I know how to mod is Choice of games and Hosted games which is quite simple and all it takes is Notepad ++ and paint but to be frank since I am new to modding there is a lot for me to learn and I would like to learn more though IDA, .net Reflector etc.
alright seems like a server check to me.Is it a paid app?

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65094#p65094:tst62m97]Infamous » 16 minutes ago[/url] said:
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65092#p65092:tst62m97]DarkPhantom » 6 minutes ago[/url] said:
@Infamous I'm new to modding. All I know how to mod is Choice of games and Hosted games which is quite simple and all it takes is Notepad ++ and paint but to be frank since I am new to modding there is a lot for me to learn and I would like to learn more though IDA, .net Reflector etc.
alright seems like a server check to me.Is it a paid app?
I don't think it is a server check cos this doesn't happen with any of the other Choice of games or hosted games... I've modded it with lower stats and testing it now.

The thing is even with high stats and skills the mod works all the way up to the war part and then the error pops up (I've uploaded an image to this post which you can check) so if it was a server check or something shouldn't it not work at all? Plus I even tried using LP to change the permissions and remove internet access and such from it it still happens. I've tested it with stats & Skills ranging from 20-50 and the same thing happens... Modded the error always pops up at the same part however unlocked the story is playable to finish.

Edit: Mod with stats and skills boost but at a lower number of 10 doesn't work either :/ and as always you are able to play through the story till the war scene and on the way gain more stats and skills as part of the game but still the same error...

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
will look

Edit: Ok, found your problem, managed to gety to the point when you get error, which was absolute pain have to say :D but found that some files start with capital letter after changing to lowercase it works fine.

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65372#p65372:uoqqconz]kryo » 24 minutes ago[/url] said:
will look
You don't need to mod Choice of games and Hosted games using IDA, you cna just use 7zip and notepad to edit files.

I used Axioms TUT to learn how to do it but there are a couple games that has come up with problems...

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6003

Since I don't know any programming languages I'm not sure how to edit some of the files in the game...

And Thanks again for your help :) <br /><br /> -- 25 Sep 2017, 17:43 -- <br /><br />
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65372#p65372:uoqqconz]kryo » 31 minutes ago[/url] said:
will look

Edit: Ok, found your problem, managed to gety to the point when you get error, which was absolute pain have to say :D but found that some files start with capital letter after changing to lowercase it works fine.
You are awesome... I feel stupid now that I find out it was a simple fix like that haha :lol: Thanks you!!

Which files need the change??

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
i just renamed war.txt.json, not sure if any other files will need to be changed to lowercase.

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years

Attachments

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
Sorry just checked this topic again. My files are showing some only lowercase but some are starting with Alphabet letter. Check when you pack if it didnt convet to lowercase

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
Just checked but both signed and unsigned all files are lowercased :/

Money mod on its own works fine but when I try to mod the stats thats usually when something goes wrong... And it's not just this game but a few others that this is happening in :(

Edit: It seems that my current TGT mod is working but I am still having similar problems with other games from Choice/hosted games. I am looking into it but it seems to me that with them its more to do with the mod being too much where the stats are to high to go further into the game. However even if I do a small boost in the stats say up to 10 it doesn't seem to work...

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Member for 8 years
From what I gathered reading all this it seems like something you edited is stopping the game from finding the war.txt.json file.
I've modded this game before and had no issues, so I decided to remod it and go for broke and mod lots of stuff.

I modded starting gold, stats, relationships, troops, redwood residents, knights, pikeman, militia and so on. No issues. I played through the whole game.
I only modded what was in the two startup files, nothing else.
If you modded only those two files you should be safe, if you still got the same error, then you must have accidently deleted a line or letter referring to the war.txt.json file.

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=67745#p67745:kz3y8m4r]Axiom » 25 minutes ago[/url] said:
From what I gathered reading all this it seems like something you edited is stopping the game from finding the war.txt.json file.
I've modded this game before and had no issues, so I decided to remod it and go for broke and mod lots of stuff.

I modded starting gold, stats, relationships, troops, redwood residents, knights, pikeman, militia and so on. No issues. I played through the whole game.
I only modded what was in the two startup files, nothing else.
If you modded only those two files you should be safe, if you still got the same error, then you must have accidently deleted a line or letter referring to the war.txt.json file.
Thats weird cos I've modded all these games the same way by only editing both startup files and the splashscreens but I still got that error... Although now that I used a different signer on it TGT seems to be working fine with the mods...

There is one problem I'm facing at the moment with some other games and that stat mods not working, I end up getting an error saying no selection available. I've tried editing the stats gained in every file to +1/+0 but that didnt seem to work.

The funny thing is I come across these issues with some but not all the CoG/HG games.

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Member for 8 years
I've had those plenty of times, Those are stat checks, if your stats go to high at a certain point in the game, you are unable to make a choice and the game crashes. You'll need to lower the stats or not mod them and mod other stuff.

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
Hmm even when i only boost stats by 1-10 it happens and its quite annoying lol. And yeah thats why I'd only release unlocked versions or money mods

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
This pretty much got sorted once I changed the apk signer I was using so this topic can be locked.