💬 Review The Lost Boys by Pokemaster34

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,330,127 happy users since 2014.
Register

Pokemaster34

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Lost Boys

Teenage brothers Michael (Jason Patric) and Sam (Corey Haim) move with their mother (Dianne Wiest) to a small town in northern California. While the younger Sam meets a pair of kindred spirits in geeky comic-book nerds Edward (Corey Feldman) and Alan (Jamison Newlander), the angst-ridden Michael soon falls for Star (Jami Gertz) -- who turns out to be in thrall to David (Kiefer Sutherland), leader of a local gang of vampires. Sam and his new friends must save Michael and Star from the undead.

Review:
I just found a copy of the movie and bought it. I like Vampire films and this is a vampire film. The way I'd hear other people talk about it I thought it would be more scary than it is. My scaredy cat hates horror movie sibling even watched it with me because it wasn't scary.
It is a tounge and cheek movie that is funny and feels like it was made in the 80s. The best character is Nanook and the person with common sense goes to Sam. I didn't expect the ending and you will always remember the last bit of the movie in my option. Micheal is a idoit teenage boy who wants to be cool and get the hot chic that goes terribly wrong for him. I do wish there were more Peter Pan references in film. Star lures Micheal to his adventures because he wants to bang the chick, and her name is refrence to the Second Star on the Right to get to Neverland. The Lost Boys are a refrence to the Lost Boys in Peter Pan, living forever young, never growing old. I feel like Max or David should have been named Peter instead. Michael's name is also from Peter Pan, and I think their last name should be Darling instead of Emerson, it would have made it 500x better for me.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you like comedy or not so serious horror movies, this is for you.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐