💬 Review The Shining (1980) by Scirpion

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,737 happy users since 2014.
Register

Scirpion

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Shining (1980)

A man takes his family on a little vacation. Later on, the man is not what he seems and something happens.

Review:
The Shining depicts Stephen King's book written in the 1980s. A film with horror is categorized as one of the best horror films of all time. We meet Jack Torrence, an author who takes his family out to a hotel so to speak to go on a vacation. After Jack stays there, things go into a downward spiral after someone mentioned that people go crazy in that building. I'll never forget the one scene "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". Truly one of the best moments in the film because this is so meaningful. Since Jack was an author all he did was work nonstop and never took a break, when in the end he had a breakdown, trying to kill his family. Jack Torrence has a breakdown so intensive that he believes fake people talk to him, tell him to kill his wife. This horror is on a whole other level and introduced us to what insanity looks like. This movie is up there with the horror genre and if you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest it. Ever hear the words "Here's Johnny?" , That's from this film. Truly a masterpiece.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend anyone who is interested in the horror genre to view this movie. It is very good and considered a classic.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐