💬 Review The Witch by Drenight

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,256 happy users since 2014.
Register

Drenight

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Witch

My review about the movie "The Witch" one of my favorite horror/suspense movies featuring my favorite actress as well Anya-Taylor Joy

Review:
The survival of the horror genre, in my opinion, is largely due to films like The Witch. There's something profoundly terrifying and convincing about how the supernatural is presented in this film. You'll find a film that will likely creep its way into your thoughts and leave you feeling unsettled for days if not weeks if you're prepared to be patient (this is a slow-moving drama that gradually increases in tension). Perhaps the scariest depiction of demonic powers I've seen on film in recent years is The Conjuring 2.

Firstly and foremost, the general appearance of the film is straightforward but utterly captivating; everything from the dark and stunning photography to the clothing and setting feels genuine. And the film is given even greater intensity by the superb and profoundly foreboding score.

There isn't a weak link in this cast, and none of this would have been possible without them. When Anya Taylor-Joy plays the daughter who is suspected of being a witch, she is completely enthralling, and Kate Dickie and Ralph Inesone bring equally compelling emotional torment to their roles as their faith is slowly being ripped away by the strange forces that have taken hold of their household.

When the movie came to a close, I was in utter silence, wondering everything I had just witnessed over the course of 90 minutes, and each time I find myself doing so, it's a movie that deserves to be added to my collection of favorites. Although I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch it over and over again, it's still on my list of absolutely excellent horror films.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you love horror/suspense movies that is based on folklore then I suggest you watch this one.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐