What do you all think about Square Enix milking the s**t out of Final Fantasy VII?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,325,823 happy users since 2014.
Register

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis - This is a Final Fantasy VII remake lite for the android (there is already Final Fantasy VII for android) so this was not required like at all and as per the trailer one can easily deduce it will have a high ram requirement & will require android 12 and up.

Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - Reunion - This is just a PC release for Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII with upgraded graphics. This was the only one I was actually waiting for a long time as where I live the device known as a Play Station Portable was shipped in very small quantities as the PS1 & PS2 sales were terrible here.

Final Fantasy VII - Rebirth - This, this is what I hate the most Final Fantasy VII was a complete game when it was released with a great story about sacrifice and Square is actually shitting on the story and making a Kingdom Hearts out of it with separate timeline and what not. One can clearly understand they are making all this twists and turns just to make sure Aerith Gainsborough & Zack Fair survive and reunite but by doing so they are f**k**g up the actual story. The story involved loss of loved ones and trying their best to overcome their loss and save the world. That's what gained the story such high popularity and now Square is f**k**g it up spectacularly just so to make a "and they all lived Happily Ever After" ending.
And don't get me started on the splitting of the game they have now made 2 parts of a complete game and sold them off at standalone prices which contains not even 15% progress of the full story. If what I have deduced from Final Fantasy VII - Remake & Final Fantasy VII - Intergrade, Final Fantasy VII - Rebirth will start from reaching Kalm Village and probably end in Cosmo Canyon where they will learn the truth about lifestream, Aerith is the last Cetra and Sephiroth is not an Ancient and then wait for 2 more years for Wutai and the search for the Black Materia.

So, after waiting for 10-15 years we will get the complete Final Fantasy VII - Remake where everyone survived and they all lived Happily Ever and pay the tripple A game price 7 or 10 times the for what was basically a single game.

Square probably looks at Final Fantasy VII just like how we look at Tifa (admit it, don't lie) and is actually milking those udders dry like those H-doujins.

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
By the way this is just a rant by a nobody about the scummy money grabbing tactics square is using for the game.
Please don't get upset. Final Fantasy VII has one most devout, patient, and have one of the largest fanbase among all the Final Fantasy games and have lasted over 20 years.
Whereas the Final Fantasy VII fans are not complaining about this at all, they are actually happy that they are getting the remake and will gladly wait 10 years for the whole game.
So tldr, hate Square's scummy amazed but are amazed by the Final Fantasy VII fans - hats off to you guys.

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
EA & Blizzard are the pit and now square is digging and trying to reach the pit.

Unohana

The Explorer of Sbenny
Member for 3 years
I didn't know about the other games you mentioned besides the remake. But for me I actually enjoyed the remake because they actually remake the whole storyline so the word really serves a double meaning to it. About the reunite thing, I don't want to dive deep into that or even entertain that, I already removed myself from the shipping wars and I was a clerith at that time. But I agree with you that ff 7 became famous because of the tale of love and lost.

Unohana

The Explorer of Sbenny
Member for 3 years
I just want to add that they will probably continue to milk the series mainly because of the marvel game flop