What do you think came first the chicken or the egg :o

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,333,202 happy users since 2014.
Register

Swaden

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I'd Say it depends, If evolution is to be believed then it would be the chicken as it would have evolved from a species similar in genetics to it kinda like the Dodo bird. but if not then the egg but through mutation or environmental effects dictating the growth and in essence the look of the bird.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Personally, I believe it's a theoretical paradox and there is no real correct answer. The chicken cannot lay the egg if it does not exist and the egg can't hatch a chicken if there wasn't an egg to lay it.

Ccrash

The World's Greatest Cliffhanger!
Member for 4 years
Okay, I know I'm known for just writing bs everywhere but let me be serious for once. After all, this is a question people around the world have been dealing with for centuries.
I just ordered a chicken and an egg off the internet to see which one comes first. I'll keep you updated.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Okay, I know I'm known for just writing bs everywhere but let me be serious for once. After all, this is a question people around the world have been dealing with for centuries.
I just ordered a chicken and an egg off the internet to see which one comes first. I'll keep you updated.
It won't count unless it is a rubber chicken and a Faberge egg!!!

Ccrash

Member for 4 years
WHAT IF THEY ARRIVE IN THE SAME PACKAGE?! Please tell me you ordered them separately from different sellers lol
Well then we never gonna figure this out....
...but do you think the chicken will eat the egg... or that the chicken might lay eggs until the package is full and the chicken dies due to suffocation and stress?
That will be like Schrödingers Cat...

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Well then we never gonna figure this out....
...but do you think the chicken will eat the egg... or that the chicken might lay eggs until the package is full and the chicken dies due to suffocation and stress?
That will be like Schrödingers Cat...
:O I DON'T KNOW

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
......I can buy a chicken on the internet! o_O *gasps in latin* why haven't i thought about this before!? I'm so proud of you!! *goes to buy a new pet*

Carsye

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I'd Say it depends, If evolution is to be believed then it would be the chicken as it would have evolved from a species similar in genetics to it kinda like the Dodo bird. but if not then the egg but through mutation or environmental effects dictating the growth and in essence the look of the bird.
THIS.
I more of an egg fan tho.

Ccrash

Member for 4 years
......I can buy a chicken on the internet! o_O *gasps in latin* why haven't i thought about this before!? I'm so proud of you!! *goes to buy a new pet*
You gasp in an dead language and then wonder why you don't know the new glories of the internet, hun? 😅

I'd totally prefer a cuddly Panda. I feel like the chicken would peck me...
Nah, I had chickens before and I loved to have the lil' chicks running behind me like I'm their mommy.